Some questions about P3D capability

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
landexplorer

Post by landexplorer »

Hello Everyone,

We are considering to integrate P3D into our flight simulator as a graphic engine. Before doing real work, I am wondering if anyone can help to answer the following questions? That would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

1. Multiple monitor support. I saw some screenshots that indicate P3D can support multiple monitors. But I am not sure if it is still feasible in our case. In our simulator, we have only ONE graphic workstation equipped with a very powerful graphic card which supports up to 6 Full HD (1920x1080) output. We are going to use 5 of them in one simulator and we require the FPS higher than 60. So can single P3D instance support this?

2. What is the maximum number of the cameras in P3D? Besides the 5 FHD outputs which use 5 cameras, we need more. These new cameras are mainly used for developing multi-function display (MFD) that may output visible light/IR/NV(Night Vision) imagery.

3. In case of MFD, when we output visible light/IR/NV imagery, can we define a LOD (Level of Detail) for each camera?

4. Does P3D support dynamic creation/removing of the simulated objects? For some objects (aircraft, vehicles, etc) , we want to create them in the middle of the simulation instead of at the very beginning. And we need to remove it at any time during the simulation ( for example, hit by a missile). Can P3D support this?

5. In the document, I can see P3D support collision detect. So I think P3D support collision detect between vehicle/vehicle, vehicle/ground and vehicle/buildings. Am I correct?

6. Can our application code access the geometry data like vertex coordinates, triangles, etc?

7. Can P3D support complete command line start up without interaction with the user? In our simulator, we want to start P3D from another program. We need pass everything through command line instead of using a dialogue menu.

Best Regards,

Kevin