P3D5.4 Does Not See/Follow GPS Flight Plans (Redux)

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
howellerman

P3D5.4 Does Not See/Follow GPS Flight Plans (Redux)

Post by howellerman »

Sigh.

I figured after the Carenado Baron showed a proper and functional GPS flight plan that additional Carenado aircraft would show the same.

Wrong, Barn Breath!

Loading a flight plan in the Carenado P32 Saratoga, the flight plan does not show on the GNS. Going to World->Navigation it shows the flight plan is there, but it is not correctly loaded.

I am wondering if the new P3D5.4 feature "Three additional backend flight plan GPS systems can now be integrated into aircraft allowing for staging, secondary, and offset flight plan systems." may be the cause?

If there is a distinction, how do I select "legacy" mode so that pre-defined flight plans are recognized?

Thanks for the help!
John Howell
Certified Old Fart
Martyson

Re: P3D5.4 Does Not See/Follow GPS Flight Plans (Redux)

Post by Martyson »

Hello howellerman ,

Just to verify.

If you create a new flight plan and save it (P3Dv5.4) does it load properly in default P3D aircraft?

Does it load properly in Add-on aircraft?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
howellerman

Post by howellerman »

Hi Marty,

Per your suggestion, I loaded a default P3DV5 aircraft, the Carenado Commander 114. (Hard to believe it is a Carenado creation...)

Anyway, the flight plan failed to load in that aircraft as well. I did not create a "new" flight plan, as that kind of defeats the purpose of defining and maintaining several hundred flight plans that up until V5.4 worked just perfectly. I again tried the Baron, which worked *once*, but it too failed to load the defined flight plan.

What I am really trying to understand is what changed in V5.4, specifically noted in the Change Log as:

"Three additional backend flight plan GPS systems can now be integrated into aircraft allowing for staging, secondary, and offset flight plan systems."

I am not even sure what these definitions are!

I do not detect an apparent difference between my V5.3 and V5.4 config files with respect to GPS settings, so what happened is somewhere under the covers. But, it is something that is endemic/unique/tied to V5.4.

Thanks for checking in, Marty.
John Howell
Certified Old Fart
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Hello howellerman,
John Howell

I am using P3D5.4.9.
I do not have Carenado aircraft.

Old flight plans are loading ok into the default F-35A and AC11 Commander 114.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
howellerman

Post by howellerman »

Heya Marty,

That's exactly what I was afraid of. It implies my system has a "quirk" in it somewhere that is screwing up the GPS navigation.

I guess I will just mind-wipe my system (again!) and try for a bug-free installation.

Or maybe I will wait for the V6 eco-system to stabilize and move there...

Thanks for the info, Marty.
John Howell
Certified Old Fart
KevinKaessmann

Post by KevinKaessmann »

This one https://www.carenado.com/sitecarenado/p ... c-fsx-p3d/ ?
Features
Alabeo GNS430 and GNS530
Full FSX, P3D v2, v3, v4, and Steam compatible.

Just my thoughts:
either it doesn't support V5
or it doesn't accept P3D flight plans at all (as other addon FMS, GNS)