Problems with performance, out of nowhere

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
arthursoaress

Problems with performance, out of nowhere

Post by arthursoaress »

Hello friends!

A few days ago I normally simulated 60 ~ 70 fps with lighter aircraft and 35 to 45 fps with Payware aircraft (PMDG, Fairing), using heavy Addons like ORBX, REX 4.0, among others ... So far so good.

From time to time, my simulator simply decreased performance dramatically, reaching only 9 FPS on aircraft like PMDG and 20 ~ 25 fps on default aircraft.

Just out of the blue ... I did not change any computer configuration, I did nothing.

Before I ask, I have already re-installed the simulator (without addons), I have already formatted the entire PC, without leaving any traces on any of the partitions, I have already made several configurations and the performance remains the same ... I started to think I could being Motherboard + Processor, but what happens is that I was satisfied with the performance, but out of nowhere came this problem, help me!

Important Information: Using the MSI Afterburner, I have seen that my CPU 0 is 100% use and my GPU is very low usage, only 10 to 30%. My Nvidia Dashboard settings are all set to maximum performance, as well as the power plan, it is at peak performance.

Pc specs:

AsRock N68-GS4 FX R2.0 Motherboard
Processor FX6300 AMD Six core processor
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz Memory
HD Kingston SSD 128 (for the Prepar3d)
Gigabyte GTX 1060 OC 3GB Video Card

The performance in some games is normal, I start to think the reason is that these games that have a good performance are using more GPU instead of CPU
Simu67

Re: Problems with performance, out of nowhere

Post by Simu67 »

Hi,

3 Go VRAM ? Did you mesure how many in use ?

And are you certain that Windows upgrade is off ? Sometime when i esperienced such lack of performance, i get an advice for upgrades that have to be installed before shutdown or after boot.

Best regards
P3D V5 HF1, 5930K @3,7 Ghz, 32 Go DDR3 3 3000, 1080Ti StrixOC 11Go, Asus 34'' 3440X1440, FSUIPC, AS16, ASCA, PTA, Goflight interface tool, GoFlight MCP-Pro and EFIS, Mobiflight (in progress) and Flight Illusion gauges. A lot of Orbx scenery add-ons.
arthursoaress

Post by arthursoaress »

Are all windows updates disabled ... VRAM is using half the video memory ...
arthursoaress

Post by arthursoaress »

Please... Help me! :'(
barrykensett

Post by barrykensett »

This won't help you but I have the same problem.
Barry
www.a320sim.com
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Can you post more details on when you are seeing performance drops? Also going through our general debugging steps here may help isolate some potential problems:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
arthursoaress

Post by arthursoaress »

Thank you my friends, is this ...

I also installed FSX and it is the same way! The use of CPU1 is 100% while others are very low, GPU usage is very low, around 10 to 30% maximum.

I tested other applications and heavy games like X-PLANE11 with graphics practically at most and it ran quietly between 30 and 50 FPS, I also tested some heavy games and none of them presented lag, ran between 50 and 70 FPS ...

The problem is visible that my P3D V4 is not using all my CPU Colors, before it ran normally, a few days ago this problem began, I have already formatted the computer and it has not improved.
elmucki

Post by elmucki »

so use an Affinity Mask setting... problem solved.
Windows 11 x64 on a 4TB SSD | AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X | TRX40 AORUS Master | 128GB DDR4 3600MHz | 1250W PSU | 2x EVGA RTX 3090 | P3D v5 and MSFS2020 on a 4TB SSD | Custom Corsair Hydro Cooling
arthursoaress

Post by arthursoaress »

I use AffinityMask in value 64, but... Continue with problem!
Jazzfan

Post by Jazzfan »

For a six core cpu without hyper threading (ie AMD), the correct value to make use of all 6 cores would be 63,...not 64. However, I would leave the first core for Windows usage. Therefore, a value of 62 should be used.