Saitek Backlit Instrument Panel BIP not working

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
dpolara

Post by dpolara »

I've just reformatted a partition on my hard drive with Windows 8.1 and installed Prepar3d V2. I have 18 Saitek ProFlight devices attached and the all work except for the Backlit Instrument Panel (BIP). The BIP drivers seem to install okay and I can run the Saitek SST to create the proper profile for all 24 lights. Other than the BIP not work, the performance and stability of P3D V2 on Win 8.1 has worked very good.

QUESTION: Are there known issues with the BIP not working with Win 8.1 and P3D V2? If not, what tips or tricks can you suggest to get it working? Please let me know.

NOTES: When I reboot back into Windows 7, the BIP works fine. Each of the 18 Saitek ProFlight devices is plugged into its own USB port on the back of a very high-end gaming rig. I've adjusted the EnhancePowerManagement item in the registry with a "0" and have checked to see that my exe.xml file has the suggested entries from previous posts.

Thanks for a great product!

jfail

Post by jfail »

I don't know if you are aware of SPAD but it supports the BIP and other panels in P3D V2 wonderfully. I am using windows 7 so cannot vouch for 8.1

http://fstools.weebly.com/download.html