[RESOLVED] Very slow performance after PC upgrade

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
njh

[RESOLVED] Very slow performance after PC upgrade

Post by njh »

Have just had my PC updated as Prepar3d was starting to struggle with complex sceneries. However, after upgrade Prepar3d was glacially slow, taking 2 to 3 second to respond to any input.

PC has Intel Core i7-9700K CPU, 8 cores/8 threads. 3.6 - 4.9 GHz Asus TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming Motherboard. Corsair RM650x 80 Plus Gold 650W PSU. Samsung 500GB SSD. Noctua NH-U12S CPU Cooler.

I've deleted all add-ons to no effect. HELP!
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: Very slow performance after PC upgrade

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

To have us assist you further, could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If you already tried every step let us know.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
njh

Post by njh »

Although I can't find the 'Preferred Graphics processor' on the NVIDIA Control Panel 'Manage 3d Settings' (it's not listed), when I check Options/Settings/Full Screen Settings, my card, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, is listed under 'Display'.

However, if I close Settings and then re-open it, the 'Display' has reverted to the Microsoft option whilst my card is listed as available for selection.

I should add that I am running X Plane 11 on the same PC without problem.
njh

Post by njh »

Carried out all the suggested checks to no avail. Picture looks superb but moves in approximate 2 second jumps. Similar delay on response to any input.
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

Have you tried the suggestions from this post? http://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124808

Are you running as Admin? Is there some other software interfering with Prepar3D such as an antivirus?

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
njh

Post by njh »

Tried those and running as admin. The only odd thing I've noticed is that I can select my card in 'Full Screen Settings' but if I exit the 'Graphics' screen and then return, the selection has reverted to 'Microsoft etc.'

Just rechecked - Xplane and Train Simulator running as advertised.
njh

Post by njh »

School boy error! After the return of my PC from upgrade I inadvertently connected the display to the wrong video card. Now connected correctly and everything working OK.

Apologies to all those who's time I wasted. Thank you for your patience.