Phototextures too bright at daytime

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Guenseli

Phototextures too bright at daytime

Post by Guenseli »

Hello,

I have a problem that wasn't valid with earlier versions (P3d v3.1 and before) and came up now with 3.3 and probably with 3.2 also - not sure at that point.

If there are photorealistic textures been used, they are in most cases much too bright.
This is valid with LLH Altiports, Aerosoft Mallorca and even with default EDDI scenery which has also phototexture as basic.

I contacted already the LLH support, but he says, he isn't aware of any other customer with this problem.

Here is a picture from LFHU:

You can see clearly that the phototexture which surrounds the airport is much too bright. Interestingly the airport itself is ok (what is just valid for LLH altiports).
The above shot is without HDR (HDR disabled)

I found some other posts which have the same issue I think (but have been unanswered):
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... lit=bright

Hope to get a hint for a solution,
many thanks
Guenter
Guenseli

Re: Phototextures too bright at daytime

Post by Guenseli »

Has nobody an idea so far?
BernhardS

Post by BernhardS »

Hello,

for me that's the same problem. With all photosceneries showing very bright areas (like beaches, streets), espiacelly in mediterranean areas, these areas are very bleeched out. At early morning an at late evening its much better and it looks normal.
The problem is the tessalerate function. If one turns off these function everything is ok. But without tessalaration you miss some nice things, like for example water reflection. So that's no real solution.
Turning of HDR bloom also doesn't bring a solution, as there will be only a very small improvement.
I think, LM must change the tessalerate function, to prevent the massive shining or reflection of the bright parts of photosceneries.
I cannot imagine that there are only a small part of user having that problem. Like Guenter shows, after searching the internet for posts regarding the bleeched out sceneries one can find many claims about that. But apparenty to LM this problem seems at no high priority at the moment.

Bernhard
supersonic_80

Post by supersonic_80 »

same problem here
kakusso

Post by kakusso »

I had the same problem.
There is a solution for it, Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA).
Before using PTA set all luminosity settings to 100% in P3D and backup your shaders in P3D installation directory, (not users directory), PTA does a backup but it is better to do it separately. You will need the original shaders (very important), before updating to a new version of P3D.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/489018-prepa ... stant-pta/

Edit: Leave the clouds alone in PTA.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

kakusso wrote: backup your shaders in P3D installation directory, (not users directory), PTA does a backup but it is better to do it separately. You will need the original shaders (very important)
Just to hammer home what kakusso said.........

If your going to use any Shaders Tools or Tweaks, Make sure you back up (Copy) your ShadersHLSL folder in your Core Prepar3D folder, Location: Prepar3D V3 ► ShadersHLSL

============

If you have Problems in the future (Black clouds and so on) you can Remove you old ShadersHLSL folder out and move your Backed-up one in.

If you have to do this, Please Delete your Shaders folder (To clean out) When you start Prepar3D it will rebuild again with new shaders (Nice & Clean)
Location: Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D V3 ► Shaders

When you start Prepar3D it can take from 10 seconds to a couple of minutes for the Shaders to rebuild again (Depending on your system)
BernhardS

Post by BernhardS »

Thank you for your hints with PTA. But fortunatly the new V3.4 of P3D has solved the problem and no more washed out textures . Thank you also to LM for your new version and much better photo-textures.

Bernhard
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

Phototextures look the same in 3.4 as they did in 3.3.
I had and have no issues with them.

If you have too bright phototextures use PTA.