Truncated Scenery Library Screen

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
oldgreydog

Post by oldgreydog »

Every thing seemed to be going the usual way with new software. Finding problems and overcoming them either by reading the manual or asking on forums.

Now I've come up against one I'm struggling with.

I want to add legacy FSX scenery. I got my migration tool installed and active (works fine so far with aircraft) and installed the scenery (Fly Tampa's Hong Kong scenery if your interested) but when I went to the Scenery Library to add it in. Selected the appropriate folders, then found that the "ok" button is off the bottom of the screen. Nothing I've done so far can induce it to make itself visible.

Can anyone help please?
bazbeaumont

Re: Truncated Scenery Library Screen

Post by bazbeaumont »

Are you trying to install the FSX version using the migration tool or the P3D version?

There is a version for P3D available as a free upgrade, especially if you bought it from Simmarket.

I have it on my sim and it installs no problem.

Ron B
Saul

Post by Saul »

Fly Tampa have upgraded their HK scenery so I suppose the only reason someone may want to install the FSX version is they possibly pirated software.

This is one of the reasons we don't help out with addon problems.
oldgreydog

Post by oldgreydog »

I am more than a little annoyed at the response to my previous post on the same subject.

I have no pirate software and I deeply resent the implication that I have.

I have the Fsx version of the Hong Kong software, purchased from Aerosoft. I was unaware that there was a P3D version available. I used the that add-on as an example but the underlying issue is a P3D functionality one if those reading the post had taken the trouble to read it in detail.

The problem is that the Scenery Library screen is not fully visible meaning that the "OK" button cannot be clicked to confirm whatever actions have been done on the screen.
Saul

Post by Saul »

I've seen similar when windows scaling has been changed over 100% to increase font size?
Mike Jones

Post by Mike Jones »

Saul,

oldgreydog has been in contact with me via support emails. I can confirm that he has a legitimate copy of Prepar3D.

Mike Jones
Michael Jones
Associate Software Engineer
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hello oldgreydog,

Can you try deleting your UISettings.xml file located in the following location:

%%%APPDATA%%%\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Thanks.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
Saul

Post by Saul »

I apologize if any offense was taken. I was informed by SimMarket by email on the 4th Nov 2015 when they updated.

Perhaps its wiser to upgrade his copy after all its free to upgrade it because the FSX version has incompatible AI traffic and that will cause a crash also.
oldgreydog

Post by oldgreydog »

I have a boxed version of the Hong Kong scenery. I have contacted Fly Tampa to find out how to obtain a P3D compatible version.

My main concern (although I do like the Hong Kong scenery) is about the mass of other FSX scenery I have much of which I have constructed myself and which I would like to use with P3D.

I will try the fix for the Scenery Library Screen suggested tomorrow as the flight sim PC has been shut down now.
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hello oldgreydog,

The UISettings.xml file mainly contain position and size information for certain windows. Are you using any DPI scaling?

Thanks.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
oldgreydog

Post by oldgreydog »

For a variety of reasons not directly related to P3D I rewound from Win10 to Win7 and back again. As a result I had to reinstall P3D and the truncated scenery library screen problem has gone away.

In any case, to answer your question....I hadn't done anything directly with DPI settings. I had changed the overall screen resolution on a number of occasions to help with frame rates.