[ANSWERED] Saitek Instrument Panels

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Duesselwings

Post by Duesselwings »

Hi,

The SPAD driver works with P3D as good as it does with FSX and so my saitek multipanel, TPM, radios, switchpanel and trimmwheel works as them should... But: What about the instrument panels? Any ideas to get them also running??

regards, stephan

Edit: Oops, I think, its the wrong place to post... Feel free to move it... ;-)
janvaane

Post by janvaane »

Hi,

SPAD doesn't support the Pro Flight Instrument Panels at all.

The Radiopanel, Multipanel, Switchpanel and the BIP are HID devices like a mouse or a keyboard.

The Instrument Panels are like a digital photo frame.

Two completely different beasts.

No support for Instrument Panel is planned in the near future.
|KLM149 | i7-8700k-16GB | Radeon RX580 8GB| flightsimeindhoven.com |
johnan

Post by johnan »

I have two Saitek instrument panels working together along with three of the other Saitek panels without any trouble in P3D using windows 7 64bit.

I downloaded the latest drivers from the Saitek site and made sure I didn't plug the USB cable in, for the two instrument panels, until the drivers had been installed.

Then I was treated to a slide show of Saitek equipment on each of the display screens and when P3D started one panel defaulted to airspeed and the other to altitude, although I can obviously choose which function I want on either.

I didn't have to do any editing of xml files, or anything else other than install the drivers, plug the panels in start P3D and that was it.

All the Saitek bits and pieces I have seem to work OK in P3D.
Duesselwings

Post by Duesselwings »

Hi Johnan,

thanks, I will give it a try... although everything works already well with FSX...

regards, Stephan
johnan

Post by johnan »

Hi Stephan,

I hope you manage to get success with your instrument panel.

The driver I am using is : saitek_pro_flight_instrument_panel_7_0_11_1_64bit_full.zip

I read that the panels are quite resource hungry and actually set them up to run on a networked computer linked by simconnect to my P3D computer, and that worked OK too.

I since found that they are not very resource hungry so I have them running directly on my P3D computer.

Good luck!,

John

simaviator13

Post by simaviator13 »

I have 3 saitek FIPs working in P3d with no issue. If you already have working FIP's in FSX no reinstall is needed. You just need to add an entry in the exe.xml file in the p3d appdata directory. (C:\Users\your profile name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D.

Add these lines for the saitek FIP's:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Saitek DirectOutput RadioStack</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\DirectOutput\SaiFlightSimX.exe</Path>

<CommandLine>-run</CommandLine>

</Launch.Addon>

And these lines if you have a saitek BIP (backlight annunciator panel):

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ProFlight Plugin</Name>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\ProFlightPlugin\ProFlightPlugin.exe</Path>

<CommandLine></CommandLine>

</Launch.Addon>

Be sure to check the path on your system the above is default on 64bit systems, if you are 32bit remove the x86 after program files.

hope this helps, and makes sense

Simaviator13
GlennJapan

Post by GlennJapan »

I would like to add that by Downloading and installing the Latest FSUIPC that it solved all the panel issues and would immediately startup. The FSUIPC that came with the Professional Version of Prepar3d I purchased 2 weeks ago was faulty.

For the panels i was manually launching the FIP units from the saitek direct output folder.

by adding the following to the exe.xml

<Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

The FIP units are now working as per availability from the specific aircraft.

Thank you!

rrichts

Post by rrichts »

Installed FSUIPC with update and does not show up in add ons also panels still will not load.

found the exe.xml but not able to add <Launch.Addon>

<Path>d:Prepar3d 2.2\Saitek\DirectOutput\SaiFlightSimX.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon

Help please

thanks
SkyHopper

Post by SkyHopper »

I'm having the same issues.

I purchased and installed Prepare3D v2.2. I do not have FSX. Thus, there is no exe.xml file.

So I read on a bunch of forums that you need it. Prepar3D has a link to Saitek to this knowledge article, http://support.madcatz.com/Knowledgebas ... eks-panels. Does not work for people who only install Prepar3D without FSX.

These instructions call for creating the EXE.xml file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

However, these instructions call for using C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\DirectOutput\SaiFlightSimX.exe for Prepar3D. This executible calls for C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\DirectOutput\SaiFlightSimX.exe.manifest, which has a dependancy for MS FSX SimConnect.

<description>Saitek DirectOutput FlightSimX</description>

<dependency>

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity type='win32' name='Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect ' version='10.0.60905.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='67c7c14424d61b5b' />

</dependentAssembly>

</dependency>

Prepar3D does not come with MS FSX SimConnect. As a result, it gives this error in the windows application event logs.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\DirectOutput\SaiFlightSimX.exe.Manifest". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect ,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.60905.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

It appears that Prepar3D needs to create a Lockheed Martin equivalent SimConnect driver that is equivalent to the MS FSX SimConnect

AND

Saitek needs to create an executible and manifest file to use the Lockheed Martin equivalent of the SimConnect.

I saw a \Prepar3D v2\SDK\Utilities\SimConnect SDK\lib\managed\LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll in the Prepar3D v2.x SDK. But, I haven't been able to get it to load.

Is there a fix for this without purcahsing FSX? Also, SPAD is no longer being developed. I'd rather have something that is owned and supported by both Saitek and Lockheed Martin.

rorichts

Post by rorichts »

Doesn't seem like rocket science but the controllers Satiek has been an issue from the beginning, should not need a third party addon to have a quality product (Pr3d) perform out of the box.
rrichts

Post by rrichts »

<Launch.Addon>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>D:\Prepar3Dv2.2\Saitek\DirectOutput\SaiFlightSimX.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

not able to paste into exe,xml of prepar3D v2.2
SkyHopper

Post by SkyHopper »

rrichts,

You mean there is a permission issue that is preventing you to past and save? I just use notepad to edit and save, provided that you have file level permissions to modify the file.

Also, in case there were typos in the XML markup text, I use this to check it, http://www.xmlvalidation.com/.

Regards,

SkyHopper
rorichts

Post by rorichts »

When i went to paste copied file content the paste option would not be an option.

But onbsame issue i found another way to make this work at last it did on my machine configuration.

First i tried this with add on plane and even though it solved my issue with the panels they still would not work with the plane.

I then loaded a Pre3d default plane all worked fine. Finally my radio and switch panel were functioning again.

Here is what I did : In the control settings there is an IMPORT tab, I clicked on it and selected the FSX exe.xml , it warned me that I would over write exsisting contents and clicked ok, and then checked inputs from the panels and they matched what I wanted.

Sùccess
SkyHopper

Post by SkyHopper »

Nice. Unfortunately, I don't have FSX installed. I'm new to Prepar3D starting with version 2.2. I have x-plane completely working with all my panels, bips, and fips. Just not Prepar3D due to the SaiFlightSimX dependancy on MS FSX exe.xml file.

Anyone have this working without FSX and ONLY with Prepar3D v2.2?

SkyHopper
rorichts

Post by rorichts »

Try FSUIPC 4.931 last I checked the download site is down