Logitech force 3D pro

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
petecadieux

Post by petecadieux »

First I have a question. I have the force 3d pro and all works well except for the throttle. It does not want to work no matter what I do.But everything else on the stick works just fine. Its not a big deal cuz I will be getting a flight yoke and throttles scince p3d has shown me what a flight sim should be. I have loved flying all my life and use to work in the field when I was in the navy.I have to say you guys have put it out of the ball park.This has to be the best.And to allow us to contribute is really awesome.Anyway I just wanted to put my thoughts out there and find an answer to my question..

Again

Thanks for all the work you guys do

Pete 8-)
beatle

Post by beatle »

We have noticed an issue with the default null zone/sensitifvity settings that we are looking into. One possible workaround, is to use the Advanced tab to set the null zone and sensitivity for each axis to appropriate values, and while still displaying the Advanced tab, click the Accept button.

Tim
petecadieux

Post by petecadieux »

Thanks for the respond and I will give that a try

Pete
mopperle

Post by mopperle »

Same problem here, with my Logitech Extreme 3D pro. Every switch/button works fine except the throttle. What also seems to be strange, when starting the engine is running, OK so far, but the throttle is always at 100%.

Playing with null zone/sensitivity didn't help.
Thanks
Otto
olflier

Post by olflier »

I am currently using a trial version of this software, with a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and have also encountered the throttle issue. I noticed that while the pitch and roll axises were labeled "x" and "Y" the yaw was labeled axis 6, so I "added a new" axis for the throttle and it came up axis 7. I accepted that and now the throttle works normally. Hope this helps.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

Thanks for the tip.

Beau
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
Rolfspan

Post by Rolfspan »

I did the same since I had the same problem but my power is only about 60-70% of max. Tough on T/O. The answer so far is to press throttle in aircraft.
toblacks

Post by toblacks »

Quote:
Quote from olflier on January 3, 2012, 15:16

I am currently using a trial version of this software, with a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and have also encountered the throttle issue. I noticed that while the pitch and roll axises were labeled "x" and "Y" the yaw was labeled axis 6, so I "added a new" axis for the throttle and it came up axis 7. I accepted that and now the throttle works normally. Hope this helps.

That solved the issue for me, thank you!

cheers,

tobi
CaBrA

Post by CaBrA »

I have a Logitech Force 3D Pro (Force Feedback FF):

In MS FSX the joystick works very well but I always had the issue that when autopilot is engaged my flight stick keeps moving and make the aircraft loose control. When using AP I had to disable joystick completely for cruise flight.

The questions are:

Does PREPAR3D support force feedback? And if so, this problem I have with constant moving stick when in autopilot is solved?

Thank you and excellent soft :)
Topper Harley

Post by Topper Harley »

Quote:
Quote from olflier on January 3, 2012, 15:16

Worked for me too. Thanks
fgneto

Post by fgneto »

I use "sensitivity 2" and null zone at 120 ".

Calibrate the joystick Logithec Force 3D Pro and I like this setup.

Fgneto