CTD in UCRTBASE.DLL

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
jbauzo

CTD in UCRTBASE.DLL

Post by jbauzo »

Hi! I am geting a consistentl UCRTBASE.DLL taking off from FLYTAMPA KBOS with the FSLABS A320 (just Updated to support P3D 5.1) using the SSOXS5 STAR. It CTDs exactly at the CBEAR waypoint each and everytime I have tried. Since UCRTBASE is part of C++, I updated Microsoft Visual C++ to 14.27.29112 to no avail. Need some advice. Thanks.
Martyson

Re: CTD in UCRTBASE.DLL

Post by Martyson »

jbauzo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm Hi! I am geting a consistentl UCRTBASE.DLL taking off from FLYTAMPA KBOS with the FSLABS A320 (just Updated to support P3D 5.1) using the SSOXS5 STAR. It CTDs exactly at the CBEAR waypoint each and everytime I have tried. Since UCRTBASE is part of C++, I updated Microsoft Visual C++ to 14.27.29112 to no avail. Need some advice. Thanks.
@ jbauzo ,

Just to verify "taking off from FLYTAMPA KBOS with the FSLABS A320 (just Updated to support P3D 5.1) using the SSOXS5 STAR"

Sid or STAR?

Have you tested other default or payware aircraft?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

@jbauzo,

Do you have SODE installed? If you do, try turning it off.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

SODE v171 (ORBX KSAN) / PMDG737NGXu quick test with P3Dv5.1
Jetway was ok

Best Regards,
jbauzo

Post by jbauzo »

SSOXS5 is a STAR and I was about 50 miles away from KBOS after takeoff when it happened. I just tried it again after applying a high CPU fix to the FSLABS A320. But, it CTDed again exactly at the same spot. I did not think it was SODE related since I was not at the airport. However, I will try that out. Thanks.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

jbauzo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:32 pm SSOXS5 is a STAR and I was about 50 miles away from KBOS after takeoff when it happened. I just tried it again after applying a high CPU fix to the FSLABS A320. But, it CTDed again exactly at the same spot. I did not think it was SODE related since I was not at the airport. However, I will try that out. Thanks.
@ jbauzo,

Trying to understand taking off with a STAR?

Wondering if you have a problem with the FSLabs FMC/CDU data / data entry?

Does your KBOS have SODE jetways ?

Do you use SODE jetways on your pre-flights?
Best Regards,
jbauzo

Post by jbauzo »

My apologies, I don't know what I was thinking. That's a takeoff SID. FlyTampa KBOS does have SODE jetways, but I am not using jetways at this time since I am just testing the 5.1 update. It may not be directly related to the FSLABS as others are reporting the problem with other aircraft. This is a route that I fly all the time with the FSLABS and I did not have any problems prior to the update.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

jbauzo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:00 pm My apologies, I don't know what I was thinking. That's a takeoff SID. FlyTampa KBOS does have SODE jetways, but I am not using jetways at this time since I am just testing the 5.1 update. It may not be directly related to the FSLABS as others are reporting the problem with other aircraft. This is a route that I fly all the time with the FSLABS and I did not have any problems prior to the update.
@ jbauzo ,

Have you tested other default or payware aircraft, same route?
Best Regards,
jbauzo

Post by jbauzo »

I will test the failing route with the PMDG 737 and let you know.
jbauzo

Post by jbauzo »

Good morning. I tried the route with the PMDG 737 and P3D CTDed at the exact same spot as the FSLABS A320 (waypoint CBEAR of the SSOXS5 SID).

Problem signature:
P1: Prepar3D.exe
P2: 5.1.8.26742
P3: 5f988752
P4: ucrtbase.dll

Given that the cockpits of all my aircraft are very dark, issues with SIMCONNECT preventing other products to function, and this one (which could occur with other routes), I am going back to 5.0. I will come back to 5.1 when it is appropriate. Thanks for your help.
Fantrainer

Post by Fantrainer »

Hi

I can confirm the issue too, in my case this occurs in large airports and, especially, once the push back process starts. In addition, I could check how disabling SODE the CTDs disappear, so in my opinion, this problem is SODE related (This behavior seems to be similar to other users according to AVSIM and SODE forums).

Regards
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Fantrainer wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:05 am Hi

I can confirm the issue too, in my case this occurs in large airports and, especially, once the push back process starts. In addition, I could check how disabling SODE the CTDs disappear, so in my opinion, this problem is SODE related (This behavior seems to be similar to other users according to AVSIM and SODE forums).

Regards
@ Fantrainer ,

So other pilots may be able to test.
Which airports?
Which aircraft?
Which method is being used to pushback?

Can you fly into one of these airports, taxi in and do a gate arrival using SODE jetway without having a problem?
Best Regards,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

jbauzo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:00 pm My apologies, I don't know what I was thinking. That's a takeoff SID. FlyTampa KBOS does have SODE jetways, but I am not using jetways at this time since I am just testing the 5.1 update. It may not be directly related to the FSLABS as others are reporting the problem with other aircraft. This is a route that I fly all the time with the FSLABS and I did not have any problems prior to the update.
@ jbauzo ,

You mentioned:
"others are reporting the problem with other aircraft"

Where are you seeing others reporting the problem with a FlyTampa KBOS SID departure?

I do not have KBOS payware.

But I do have PDG737NGXu.

Did you use the PMDG737NGXu for P3Dv5.1 with updated Navigraph Navdata, (current cycle, procedures, SIDs, STARS) in your last flight with the failing SID?
Best Regards,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

jbauzo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm Hi! I am geting a consistentl UCRTBASE.DLL taking off from FLYTAMPA KBOS with the FSLABS A320 (just Updated to support P3D 5.1) using the SSOXS5 STAR. It CTDs exactly at the CBEAR waypoint each and everytime I have tried. Since UCRTBASE is part of C++, I updated Microsoft Visual C++ to 14.27.29112 to no avail. Need some advice. Thanks.
I tested the KBOS (default airport), SSOX5 RNAV SID, Navigtaph AIRAC cycle 2011, P3Dv5.1, PMDG737NGXu and it was ok
Past waypoint CLEAR, COLYN next (screenshot).

Best Regards,
MachTwo

Post by MachTwo »

We're seeing this to - here's the callstack.

Andrew Wilson
Flight Sim Labs, Ltd.
---------------------------
www.flightsimlabs.com