European alps?

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
francescodoenz

European alps?

Post by francescodoenz »

Where is it possible to find google photoscenery for the european alps to import and update the scenery as described in the advanced tutorial (but which is USA specific)?
Many thanks in advance for your inputs!!
MSI MEG Z390 Godlike, 9700K, 2xRTX2080TI NVlink, 16GB G.Skill DDR4-4600, 2xAlphacool Eiswand, Coolermaster HAF-X
downscc

Re: European alps?

Post by downscc »

Have you looked at the many Flight Simulator retailers available such as SimMarket?
Dan Downs
KCRP
francescodoenz

Post by francescodoenz »

Thanks once more Dan for stepping in...yes, I own swisspro photoscenery, north italy, south germany italy and france photoscenery from commercial suppliers, but if compare them to google earth they do not even come close to it...and of course they are not anymore uptodate...
As I understand it should be possible to use google earth data...but I am aware that the knowledge to venture in this kind of territory is far beyond my competence...so will just have to wait for new versions of P3D which will most likely include these improvements!!
MSI MEG Z390 Godlike, 9700K, 2xRTX2080TI NVlink, 16GB G.Skill DDR4-4600, 2xAlphacool Eiswand, Coolermaster HAF-X
downscc

Post by downscc »

francescodoenz wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:24 pm Thanks once more Dan for stepping in...yes, I own swisspro photoscenery, north italy, south germany italy and france photoscenery from commercial suppliers, but if compare them to google earth they do not even come close to it...and of course they are not anymore uptodate...
As I understand it should be possible to use google earth data...but I am aware that the knowledge to venture in this kind of territory is far beyond my competence...so will just have to wait for new versions of P3D which will most likely include these improvements!!
I don't like photoscenery for regions. A cityscape is fine but there are issues with loading times, resolutions, video memory (I've only got 11GB VRAM and can hit the limit easy with some products). For regions I like the approach Orbx has taken using customized terrain landclass tiles. The limit of the simulator platform to allow a fixed number of landclass tiles is the reason default looks so bad. Orbx openLC product dynamically changes the definitions to allow almost unlimited kinds of landclasses and it looks pretty good. Performs great. Loads quickly and doesn't eat up VRAM. The Europe openLC product includes the Alps of course along with just about everything from Iceland to Turkey. Take a look.
Dan Downs
KCRP
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

Hi

Here's a free source for sat-scenery. https://italyphotoreal.weebly.com/download.html

Its almost all of Europe despite the name. First you have to download the grid for europe and then select the used sceneries. It's a lot of space for hole europe. I only used a few areas in combination with a scenery requiering sat scenery below.

Hope that helps

Dan
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods