Differential brakes?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
francescodoenz

Differential brakes?

Post by francescodoenz »

I get constantly a "differential brakes" notice in red in the left lower screen corner? How can I get rid of it, using the brakes has no effect on it!?
Many thanks in advance for your inputs!!
MSI MEG Z390 Godlike, 9700K, 2xRTX2080TI NVlink, 16GB G.Skill DDR4-4600, 2xAlphacool Eiswand, Coolermaster HAF-X
Stratocruiser

Re: Differential brakes?

Post by Stratocruiser »

I assume you have CH Products or some other make pedals. If you push your heel down on the heel of the pedal, does the notice go away? Try each pedal Or, if that dosen't work, tell us how do you clear the notice? The problem is caused by the fact that the pedals are hard to calibrate. Whether you use the calibration in the sim, or use FSUIPC, it is hard to get them just right. I have the CH brand and have used this trick for many years. When calibrating them, take two cd or dvd jewel boxes, push down on the toe section of the pedal, and put one box under each pedals heel. Then do the calibration. There needs to be a bigger null zone there then what comes with the pedals and there is no way to adjust that item in the sim. The boxes gives you that needed added space.
francescodoenz

Re: Differential brakes?

Post by francescodoenz »

Sorry for being so late, could not get close to my computer till this morning....yes, I will go into the calibration with FSUIPC, the pedals are Crosswind MFG pedals...many thanks for your help!
MSI MEG Z390 Godlike, 9700K, 2xRTX2080TI NVlink, 16GB G.Skill DDR4-4600, 2xAlphacool Eiswand, Coolermaster HAF-X