second throttle quadrant

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
rorichts

Post by rorichts »

Installed radio stack from satiek and also added second throttle quadrant, radio syncd with system and working with pr3d 2.1

My problem inspite of multiple attempts in configuring the controls quadrant still insists it wants to control elevator and ailerion which obviously causes problems with the yoke. Also I'm not seeing the option of controlling others than a single engine prop, throttle, and mixture

I bet this is simple but I still appreciate the help

Rich
jimcooper1

Post by jimcooper1 »

Go into Options->Settings->Controls

In 'Controller Type' you should see all of your available controllers

Select the appropriate controller....by default P3D wil assign some buttons and axes. Go through each one in turn deleting those that you do not need. Then assign the ones you do need.

Go to the next control device and do the same.

You should be able to control up to 4 separate throttles for each control device, they are located in the AXES tab.

I will post some screenshots later

Jim
jimcooper1

Post by jimcooper1 »

Here you can see that I have 2 USB controllers connected to P3D: one is a Saitek Cyborg Evo, the other is a GoFlight Throttle Quadrant

It is not normal to control the Rudder using a Throttle Quadrant but BY DEFAULT P3d has assigned rudder controls, amongst others, so I need to delete them

In addition to a single THROTTLE control you can see here that there are also 4 possible separate Engine Throttles that I can assign

So it is possible to control ALL engines simultaneously using the THROTTLE axis, but it is also possible to control each engine separately using the "Engine # Throttle Axis"

Jim

rorichts

Post by rorichts »

Thanks I'll follow the sequence you shared

checked and as just as

You said of course, don't have it tweeked yet but now able to make it work.

Thanks again for taking the time to help

ecevans57

Post by ecevans57 »

Hello my name ED

my biggest problem is i have a CH throttle quadrant(2throttle 2propeller 2mixture) and i cant get ENGINE throttle 1&2 to travel their FULL MOTION. the throttles open up to full 100% but when I throttle down or back, it stop at 50% and I am fly jets, king air 200 two turbo eng,king air cb90 same, I cant thottle back into reverse thrust so i can slow down on short runway or long one. i have already recalibrate 50 times thru windows7 64 bit and pp3dv2. how do i adjust this.