Cheapest solution for a TV/monitors-combo?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
suer jet 100

Post by suer jet 100 »

I would like to get cheapest available monitors to start flying 737/320 in Prepar3D. My main goal is to get used with 737/320 cockpit, instruments and procedures and I'm not really interested to fly just for fun. As far as I know, many people are using 2-3 monitors for a better view. How much will be enough for comfortable training (simulation): 2, 3 or maybe 1 will be enough for me? How do I know? Can I use a couple TV's instead of 3 monitors? I think it will be better investment in case If I'm not going to use flight simulator anymore, so I hook them to on kitchen/bedroom wall to watch TV and movies.

If couple TV's is a good or acceptable option for my needs, then I need a list of popular budget TV's to check their pro's and con's.

Another question: can I use TrackIR with a TV combo? I've seen many people suggest to buy a TrackIR to get better experience and better controls instead of using mouse look or POV Hat on a joystick.

THANK YOUR VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND INPUT!
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

What are your PC specs?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
suer jet 100

Post by suer jet 100 »

I'll get a powerful desktop PC later. Right now I have Core i5 2.7 Ghz, 8GB RAM 860GTX M Laptop.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

This is just an initial thought on a budget FS startup.

If you really want to save $$ I think it would be possible to use your current laptop and FS9 ($30) and then purchase a very good 737 for it.

I have FS9.1 and iFly737 combination now.

It may be a very good start up for your current training goals.

Does your laptop have a port to hook up an external monitor?

If all goes well you could upgrade to PC, LM P3D for advanced work.

I started with FS9.1, later I got FSX then LM P3D and also Xplane-10 (introduction to the 64 bit world of a simulator).
I use them all for training with various aircraft now.
Best Regards,
suer jet 100

Post by suer jet 100 »

Yeah, but will couple TV's work as good as 3 monitor setup? I don't really want to bother with monitors, because couple extra TV's at home will be much better :)
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Can you connect any of your home TV's to your home computer?
Best Regards,