The Prepar3D team is excited to announce the first Hotfix update to Prepar3 v3.4 (22.214.171.12470). It can be downloaded immediately from the Purchased Downloads section of the website.
It addresses many reports and requests from our forum users.
For those that are interested in updating, only the Client installer is required for Prepar3D v3.4 Hotfix 1. The Content, Scenery, and SDK installers are optional. You must first have Prepar3D v3 installed to utilize the Client only installer. To install the new Client, you must first uninstall your current Prepar3D v3 Client via Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel.
The Prepar3D v3.4 Client update will require you to reactivate your product, however if you have an internet connection or have not made any major hardware changes between installations this should not be an issue. For more information please view the Prepar3D v3 Download and Installation Directions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST HAVE MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK 4.6.2 INSTALLED TO UPDATE TO HOTFIX 1
The Setup_Prepar3D.exe will install the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 for you, but if you are doing a Client only installation, you must install it from Microsoft. If you are running Windows 10, ensure you are fully updated as the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 is included in the recent Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
Please be aware that some third developers might have to update their add-ons to be compatible with the hotfix. Please contact the third party developers directly for any compatibility questions.
Prepar3D v3.4 Hotfix 1
- Updated baseline framework to Microsoft .NET 4.6.2
- Corrected a crash when entering SimDirector with Raw Input enabled due to a max handle count being exceeded
- Corrected Baron and Bravo typos in their panel.cfg files
- Fixing ATC window’s title bar being cut off at high DPI settings
- Preserving Xbox controllers when switching control APIs
- Reenabling tablet behaviors when gestures are modified. Correctly reading the setting in without restarting.
- Fixed Focal Points not drawing in Virtual Instructor
- Fixed issues with Video Streaming; displaying incorrect resolutions and a crash at higher resolutions
- Allowing video stream clients to join after a stream has started
- Supporting higher quality video streams
- Enforcing alert dialog to correctly grab focus and pop when opening behind other windows
- Ensure 2D panels properly layer on top of 3D windows
- Added extended ASCII support for Scaleform Panels
- Added additional joystick checks to fix issues of controllers not appearing or being settable
- Updated multichannel and view group documentation
- Fixed bug where hydraulic switch was not working through Panel API
- Added video streaming configuration options
- Fixed issue with HintPath not being preserved when saving a scenario
- Forcing alert windows to display when behind other windows
- Setting the Parking Brake infogen notification to the proper key
- Stopped resetting audio devices during a hardware change. Caching previous state when recreating audio devices
- Correcting issue with SimConnect global exceptions. Respecting client IDs for SimConnect exceptions.
- Splash screen now displays immediately at startup
- Correcting issue with Raw Input and Windows 10 keeping unplugged controllers in the device enumeration
- Fixed a Raw Input access violation crash
- Refactored how the splash screen is displayed during activation
- Exposed additional chain message support to the PDK IEventService