FS oes not start

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
jcmweijers@hetnet.nl

FS oes not start

Post by jcmweijers@hetnet.nl »

LS
My system: Gamecomputer from 2023, 32GB RAM, 8-Coreprocessor, 4.20 GHz, HSS 250GB, Hard disk space 1 TB.
OS: Windows 10 64 bits. Prepar3D,v4.5 Academic License. Many , many AddOn Airports(about 75), Airplanes: PMDG, B737,747,777, FSLabsAirbus and Quality Wings B 787
Every day I make a flight from one AddOn airport to an other AddOn airport, on a flightplan of Simbrief and weather AS16 in the background. No prblems at all and I enjoy the simulator. Untill a few days ago: On monday I closed my PC properly, with no problems. Next day I started my PC and opened the Sim: A message: Your computer has run out of available memory. Please restart Prepar3D and select different grafics, scenery or traffic settings. Whenever I open the PC and start the Prepar3D, I get this message.
I performed a Cleandisk and afterwards I had more than 500GB freespace on the harddisk. 500MB freespace is necessary!! I cannot open the simulator in order to shift the slideers full to the left.
In the configuration screen i changed the amount of virtual RAM from 4884 tot 9768MB. I got the same screen. Can you help to start my sim.
Sincerely Hans Weijers.
mpni

Re: FS oes not start

Post by mpni »

Hi
You can rebuilt a new Prepar3D.cfg.
Rename it Prepard3D.cfg.sav and run P3D. A new cfg file will be build.
Regards
Michel
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Hans,

Can you perform a diagnostic on your RAM to see if all of it works OK? Look online for a diagnostic tool.

Also, sometimes this message is a bit misleading and actually points to your VRAM - what graphics card do you have?

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
jcmweijers@hetnet.nl

Post by jcmweijers@hetnet.nl »

Hallo Michel,
Thank you for your reply. I renamed the cfg file in Prepar3D.cfg.sav, but the problem is that I cannot start my Sim. Can I reset the slides in de cfg file, by changing the content of the file. Sincerely Hans Weijers,.
mpni

Post by mpni »

mpni

Post by mpni »

My virtual RAM is 49152 Mo (minimum and maximun).