P3D v5.2 CTD on splash

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Goodey

P3D v5.2 CTD on splash

Post by Goodey »

Hi all,

I've been using P3D v5.2 for a long time without any significant issues, but as of late every time I attempt to open P3D I reach the splash screen and a little while later it just crashes, no scenario menu, no error message, just a crash.
I have completed a reinstall of P3D which changed nothing, deleted the cfg which changed nothing, and deleted generated files which did help.
But when I went to go reinstall my addons, I was greeted with the same crash on splash. Even in the Windows event viewer I am not met with any error logs or information relating to P3D or my addons.

I have sifted through all these forums and the forums of my addons and yet I cannot find a solution or anyone else who has experienced this problem.

I will continue to complete trial and error with removing addons and will keep this page posted with any improvements, and any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Goodey

PC Specs are:
Windows 10
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core
NIVIDA GeForce RTX 2060
16GB RAM
512GB Lexar SSD
1TB Seagate external storage (where P3D is installed)

My Addons:
ORBX (Base Pack, Buildings, Terraflora, VECTOR, Aus v2 + airports)
GSX Level 2
PMDG 737 NGXu & 747 QOTS
Aerosoft A32x Pro, A330 Pro, CRJ Pro
TFDi 717
Firefighter X
SODE
FSUIPC6
AIGTech AI
and other airport sceneries.
JorgenSA

Re: P3D v5.2 CTD on splash

Post by JorgenSA »

First of all, if you haven't done this already, I would suggest that you run Windows Update, and in Update, under Advanced options, make sure that the switch "Receive updates for other Microsoft products" is set to On. Leave this swith in the On position.

If the problem continues after this, then note down the time of a crash.

Then right-click on your Windows Start button, and select "Event Viewer". Click on the little arrow next to "Windows Logs", then click on "Application". In the top center pane you'll now see a number of lines with time-stamps, scroll down to the time of your crash and see if there are any lines with the title "Error" on the left side. If there are, click on them in turn, and the error information now shows in the pane below. Look for something called "Exception code", and post that exception code here.

I would also urge you to upgrade P3D to v. 5.4 - you do this by, in Windows Control Panel, uninstalling Scenery, Content and Client, and then installing those in the v. 5.4 version.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.