Flight Plan Structure

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
dpperrin@verizon.net

Re: Flight Plan Structure

Post by dpperrin@verizon.net »

I too am extremely disappointed in 6.1 flight plan. No IFR, no clearance to airport, no altitude at takeoff, need to request IFR after takeoff , does not assign landing runway and does not reduce altitude on approach.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ bullfox

You mentioned:
“The only thing ATC seems to do correctly in IFR mode is change altitude.
The program does not do any course corrections or course changes”.

P3D6.1 Personal version
ATC departure video.

I will be testing Approaches later.

https://youtu.be/qOS3uBDeGHI
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

I should mention that I also have the personal version. I am beginning to think that it is not my system but some change in P3D6.1. I wonder if is this on purpose or some coding error?
 Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, over clocked on auto to 4.5 ghz, XFX 6900XT Black, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board running P3D6.19 in Win 10
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Did your departure look like my video?
Best Regards,
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

Yes, that's exactly what I see. I suspect on arrival you will find that The program following the GPS rout will fly directly over the airport without any intervention by ATC
 Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, over clocked on auto to 4.5 ghz, XFX 6900XT Black, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board running P3D6.19 in Win 10
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ bullfox,

You previously said:
"For example, If the course is to the north but I takeoff to the south because of wind direction, I get no headings at all in the northward direction or any other direction. I have to manually fly to the GPS course and lock on to it when I get close to the GPS heading. "

Are you still having that problem?
Best Regards,
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

I have to take off in VFR. Once in the air I can initialize a IFR flight plan and ATC will give me an altitude and initial heading. After that no additional heading changes although nearing the destination ATC will direct me to lower altitudes all they way down to an approach altitude but gives no approach headings. The program will actually fly me right over the airport. I encountered this today flying into KPDT in the A2A T-6. About 25 miles out in VFR I asked for landing clearance. ATC said KPDT was currently IFR only. So I loaded an IFR flight plan. ATC cleared me to KPDT. ATC directed me down to 2500 feet agl but gave me no routing instructions. I flew right over the airport and turned around and landed (I was down to 10 gallons and the T-6 burns a lot of fuel) quick) with no further interaction with ATC.

ATC doesn't seem to care if you fly the initial heading it gives your. Its like half the ATC program file is missing form the software.

Once on the ground the ground control directed me to a parking spot as per usual as KPDT has a tower. I believe this to be caused by the latest update to P3D6.18. ATC and IFR in P3D6 acted as it always had.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Can you try the same flight / situation / basic flight plan that I used in my video to see if ATC gives you heading and altitude changes on your flight sim setup?

Note:
I have not talked about any descent / approaches yet.
I never loaded a flight plan after Takeoff .
I just did the departure / ATC instructions to the IFR enroute phase.
Best Regards,
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

I am currently flying mostly in Orbx True Earth areas and reporting the same problems you encountered. Every approach in IFR mode flies me directly over the airport, following the GPS magenta course line. I think have to choose a runway and line up my approach as if I were flying VFR. The only thing IRF does is clear you for descent.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Thank you for the report with IFR failing to correctly load with flight plans. We'll have a fix for this in our next update.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

Thanks Rob! Great news! I hope you can get it back to what flight planning and ATC was before 6.1. Don't get me wrong. I think 6.1 is really great. It works remarkably well with Orbx and A2A and Coronado aircraft. I really looks great. You guys did a remarkable job with the lighting.

Two other things that could use some work. The aluminum skin on these aircraft displays as dull gray, and in the fuel and load window the box for inputting the fuel load in percent is too small for numbers after the decimal point to display. The program sometimes on its own displays the fuel load with a less than whole number quantity, 99.99%, for example. For some reason when this happens no new load percent can be entered. To clear the window the curser has to be placed right at the decimal and the number has to be cleared with the delete key before a new number can be entered. Thanks for \your attention to these problems and for your good work when resolved.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

We'll have the default column width adjusted to prevent those values from being cut off.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

Thanks Again!
Daveo

Post by Daveo »

[quote="Rob McCarthy" post_id=266642 time=1691788576 user_id=1563]
Hello,

We added support for departures, arrivals, and approaches in the flight planner for v6. These entries are to save that information into the flight plan. Procedures can be selected in the Flight Planner UI after selecting the airport. As far as loading times these should not impact them. Are you seeing differences when loading different pln files?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
[/quote]

Hi Rob,

Are these changes related to the issues of no longer getting an option to Request IFR Clearance on initial startup after loading a flight plan and after eventually getting IFR clearance after taking of without proper clearance you do not get any vectors to destination?
Dave Opper
ESSB
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Dave,

No, there was a separate bug that caused the problem with IFR loading.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead