Scenery buildings very dark

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
toorop58

Scenery buildings very dark

Post by toorop58 »

Hello

Did notice that scenery buildings (not autogen) look very dark, quite black if not illuminated directly by the sunlight

Makes the scenery look very bad if flying looking on this side, just have a look :

These are the same buildings at the same time : just moving the plane from one side to the opposite :

Lighting or shadow settings do not change anything :

Is there a way not to display these buildings for the moment as they do not really improve the sim (putting the scenery slider to sparse does not allow other sceneries to display properly). Any bgl to rename ?

By the way : Cloud shadows are very dark too...

Kind regards,

Jean-Paul
Ebertr

Re: Scenery buildings very dark

Post by Ebertr »

I have the same issue with my P3D V6 installation. Did some changes to the lighting settings and shadows. Did not solve the problem .

Ruediger
Rom73

Post by Rom73 »

I have the same issue- looks like shadows are too dark, or the buildings are not illuminated by ambient light, they stand out from the scenery.
mpni

Post by mpni »

Hi
Same issue here. It seems that ambient light is too poor. Same in virtual cockpit.
Regards
Michel
toorop58

Post by toorop58 »

At least I don't feel alone anymore : thanks :)
toorop58

Post by toorop58 »

Does anyone know where these scenery buildings are located in P3D V6 ?

Could easily live without them...

These are not autogen buildings : their display is affected only by the scenery slider (and even putting this slider at minimum there are still some ones and it does affect badly third party scenery display...)

So as their shape an size is also unrealistic at least in Europe would like to avoid displaying them, at least before getting a fix...
toorop58

Post by toorop58 »

By the way : without solution for the moment the only way I found not to display these hideous buildings is using P3D V5.4 scenery folder (with a symbolic link)

Don't really understand the introduction of these buildings in the scenery : in addition to the lighting/shadow issue they are too grey, too dark and to big to fit with any European Scenery and don't even fit with the autogen buildings looking quite good...l]

I know I don't benefit of V6 scenery folder improvements but I prefer for the moment flying with V6 with V5.4 scenery folder
Brad Shiver
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brad Shiver »

Hi all,

Thanks for reporting this, we're taking a look at if the issue is building specific or an issue with shadows being too dark in general.

If you'd like to hide the scenery in the meantime you can lower the scenery density slider or disable the scenery in the Scenery Library.

Thanks,
Brad
toorop58

Post by toorop58 »

Brad Shiver wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:47 pm Hi all,

Thanks for reporting this, we're taking a look at if the issue is building specific or an issue with shadows being too dark in general.

If you'd like to hide the scenery in the meantime you can lower the scenery density slider or disable the scenery in the Scenery Library.

Thanks,
Brad
Hello Brad,

Thanks for answering but I am not able to identify the scenery as these buildings seem to be used in many places (but are not autogen buildings)

Moving the scenery slider to minimum does not suppress all these buildings

I also do not remember that so huge buildings were used in V5 (but maybe I'm wrong). They actually seem misplaced in European scenery...

Kind regards,

Jean-Paul