What’s New

Forum for Prepar3D Developers to show off their work or post about their add-ons or content created for Prepar3D
stro19

What’s New

Post by stro19 »

Hey,
Is P3D working on anything new. All I see is that all the developers are making everything for MSFS. I don’t own MSFS but from what I’m seeing it looks Better than P3D , but I would rather stay loyal to P3D.
SaintJoe KIAH
Wuffi84

Re: What’s New

Post by Wuffi84 »

I'd like to know that too. Will P3D be further developed again? Has it been since P3D 5.3 H2?
shermank

Post by shermank »

Many of us are feeling abandoned. When one looks at the LM balance sheet, our group of hobbyists or Academics if you prefer, are little more than a sideshow. We all keep hoping for something to rival MSFS 2020. But, so far it appears that is nothing but a chimera, wishful thinking and all that goes with it.

Sherm
Sabre57

Post by Sabre57 »

I think you guys need to look at this. Of course, not a direct correlation, but it does give some of us hope.

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/spot ... lation-r-d
I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Sherm, allow me a quote: "We all keep hoping for something to rival MSFS 2020."

This is where my raw, biased and opinionated opinion comes in... we have such a rival - Prepar3d! It runs rings around that Microsoft arcade game!

And, before anyone starts a flame war: This is where my raw, biased and opinionated opinion comes in - I said it already...

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Tac-1

Post by Tac-1 »

Same here, I will also stay loyal to P3D, we still have hope. I have tried MSFS but it is not my cup of tea, specially coming from a combat sim environment, I don't see MSFS a combat addon capable sim, and I don't think they want to add weapons and such, so in that case I am happy to be part of this great P3D community. I can spawn ground vehicles, objects and create missions with Sim Director, and having VRS simulation Tacpack as companion, with MSFS I felt lost. LOL, but anyways, I wish them the best, and lets be honest, P3D been a bit quiet these days, so don't be surprised if they let the big cat out of the box.....

Cheers!!
shermank

Post by shermank »

I may have created a wrong impression. Like many of you, I am staying with P3D. I too tried MSFS in the very beginning and cancelled within days for a refund. Since then, the sim has improved according many of the blogs I have been reading. But, I am not ready to deal with a steep learning curve and all the changes that come regularly with MSFS. Maybe it is a better sim for some, but I am happy with what I have.
Sherm
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Sherm, then I certainly misunderstood you, and I do apologize for that.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
shermank

Post by shermank »

Jorgen, no offense taken...we are all devoted to the hobby and frank discussions only help to clarify points of view.
Best wishes,

Sherm
Joel Richters

Post by Joel Richters »

I am also a very loyal P3D person. But a lack of information or updates has lead me to buy MSFS last weekend. So far I’m very impressed.

I just wish LM would give us enough information to stay!
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Enough information? THINK - this board is still here, working... what does that tell you?

Jorgen

Joel Richters

Post by Joel Richters »

JorgenSA wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:03 pm Enough information? THINK - this board is still here, working... what does that tell you?

Jorgen
I have a virtual airline that still has a forum that works too… no one has flown it for nearly 10 years.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Is the forum as active as this?

Jorgen

Joel Richters

Post by Joel Richters »

That’s what I’m say… activity on a forum is not a measure of a developer further developing a platform.

I personally wouldn’t blame LM if they choose to stop development. It’s already fantastic and certainly good enough for their commercial business.

I think all that is being asked for is some hope from LM staff state what they do or don’t plan to do. They were the leaders and now they are coming fourth.
jymp

Post by jymp »

Believe there will be a version 6 that uses Unreal Engine 5 per screenshots that's been shown, hopefully avail. to us, as it (and one other) are the only actual sims, not games.