P3Dv5 HF1

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Uriah

P3Dv5 HF1

Post by Uriah »

Hello all
So now we have HF1. ATC works, frame rates are ok but .... the flashing and tearing in the clouds and some addon sceneries is worse than ever. LM what has happened. Some 3rd party addons will not even work at all.....it crashes v5 or wont go past 1% when loading the sim, and yes these are all V5 sceneries....ie new for v5. I'm looking forward to HF2.
Uriah

Re: P3Dv5 HF1

Post by Uriah »

Update to what I said above. ATC in conjunction with FS Tramp still crashes v5 HF1. So really, LM got nowhere.
Uriah

Post by Uriah »

There is another thing, that when setting a flight plan and you press the Navdata to check the distance....that also does not work. It worked in the original release. HF2 where are you.
OE1CGA

Post by OE1CGA »

that and more (to complain), i went back to the original Version 5
Uriah

Post by Uriah »

My question is....why was HF1 released so quickly and its rubbish. I will not go back to the original v5 and start redoing everything. HF1 was a complete new install with me (uninstall and reinstall). How many hot fixes is it going to take LM just to get this to work half decently ???? Maybe LM need to ask Microsoft to give them a hand repairing v5 as this is only a glorified version of FSX.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Uriah wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:55 am Hello all
So now we have HF1. ATC works, frame rates are ok but .... the flashing and tearing in the clouds and some addon sceneries is worse than ever. LM what has happened. Some 3rd party addons will not even work at all.....it crashes v5 or wont go past 1% when loading the sim, and yes these are all V5 sceneries....ie new for v5. I'm looking forward to HF2.
In P3Dv5HF1 I have:

No flashing and tearing.
I have no Add-on scenery , waiting for my Add-ons to get Updated.
I have not had any crashes when loading the sim

Which Add-on scenery are you having a problem with?
Which 3rd party Add-ons "will not work at all"?

Have you contacted the 3rd party developers of Add-ons you have problems with?
Have you uninstalled the problem Add-on(s) until a solution is found so P3D can be started without error?

When V5 Crashes what type of crash is it?
Did the Event Viewer give the Faulting Module Name?

What are your PC specs?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Uriah

Post by Uriah »

Orbx, Aerosoft, LatinVFR, RFScenerybuild, FSGRW, FSTramp, FSUIPC, FSDreamteam and more. They all work. The addons which were updated for P3Dv5 and now do not work in HF1 the addon developers know about and have to find a fix. Some are reporting that it is a difficult fix and are working on it. As to my PC specs....extremely capable. i7@4.5Ghz, 32Gb RAM, EGVA GTX1081Ti FTW3. It 's not necessary to go on, P3Dv5 is riddled with holes and needs fixing.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Uriah wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:40 am Orbx, Aerosoft, LatinVFR, RFScenerybuild, FSGRW, FSTramp, FSUIPC, FSDreamteam and more. They all work. The addons which were updated for P3Dv5 and now do not work in HF1 the addon developers know about and have to find a fix. Some are reporting that it is a difficult fix and are working on it. As to my PC specs....extremely capable. i7@4.5Ghz, 32Gb RAM, EGVA GTX1081Ti FTW3. It 's not necessary to go on, P3Dv5 is riddled with holes and needs fixing.
I previously asked:
Have you uninstalled the problem Add-on(s) until a solution is found so P3D can be started without error?
Best Regards,
Uriah

Post by Uriah »

Yes to your question! The ATC and FSTramp will not work together, I can use one or the other but not both together. I have e-mailed FSTramp and am waiting for an answer. Now if I had not uninstalled the problematic addons, how in heavens name do you expect me to report this all in my post. LM reported that they had fixed the ATC and the flashing menu in HF1 which clearly they did not. Now you say you have no addons installed......you clearly cannot comment, in my opinion. Get some proper addons and see how you get on. You have a nice day now.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Uriah wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:38 am Yes to your question! The ATC and FSTramp will not work together, I can use one or the other but not both together. I have e-mailed FSTramp and am waiting for an answer. Now if I had not uninstalled the problematic addons, how in heavens name do you expect me to report this all in my post. LM reported that they had fixed the ATC and the flashing menu in HF1 which clearly they did not. Now you say you have no addons installed......you clearly cannot comment, in my opinion. Get some proper addons and see how you get on. You have a nice day now.
@Uriah
In your first post you mentioned:
“So now we have HF1. ATC works, frame rates are ok but .... the flashing and tearing in the clouds”

I replied :
In P3Dv5HF1 I have:
“No flashing and tearing.” .
Meaning I had no flashing and tearing in the clouds.

Now you mention:
“LM reported that they had fixed the ATC and the flashing menu “
Where did you see LM fixed a flashing menu?

Now mention:
“Now if I had not uninstalled the problematic addons, how in heavens name do you expect me to report this all in my post.”

I really had no idea what you were doing to resolve your problem so I asked a specific question.
At one point you mentioned “i went back to the original Version 5”
So I had no idea if you had started that process.

Now you mention:
“ Now you say you have no addons installed......you clearly cannot comment”
I said:
I have no Add-on scenery , waiting for my Add-ons to get Updated.

Your feedback may have information about scenery that I was waiting to get updated.

About your crashes.
I previously asked:
When V5 Crashes what type of crash is it?
Did the Event Viewer give the Faulting Module Name?

Are you still getting crashes or not?
Best Regards,
Uriah

Post by Uriah »

Martyson

Firstly I have the event log switched off(one of my choises). I said "I WILL NOT" go back to the original v5 as there is no advantage to doing that. I want to move forward and not stagnate. Gaya Simulations - KOS (LGKO) will not and does not work, and the developers at GAYA know that and are working to fix it. Now with the original P3Dv5 it worked flawlesly but with P3Dv5 HF1 it wont work at all.....so what have LM done ? I have been in contact with with the developers at FSTramp and they are going to send me a new trial version to experiment with, as I believe, and a lot of the problems seem to stem from FSTramp. Any addon which does not work and is meant for v5 and if I have it....of course I will uninstall it and will then will contact "said" developer to report the problem. When v5 HF1 crashes it crashes to the desktop.....ie - DEAD.....nothing, nada, niks. Splash screen and then nothing. What more can I say. I'm no expert by a long long shot and I dont profess to be but, I will try to solve any problem I encounter. Am I still getting crashes or not you ask..... no, not unless I use FSTramp and ATC together. They definately do not like one and another.

good day
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Uriah wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:54 am Martyson

Firstly I have the event log switched off(one of my choises). I said "I WILL NOT" go back to the original v5 as there is no advantage to doing that. I want to move forward and not stagnate. Gaya Simulations - KOS (LGKO) will not and does not work, and the developers at GAYA know that and are working to fix it. Now with the original P3Dv5 it worked flawlesly but with P3Dv5 HF1 it wont work at all.....so what have LM done ? I have been in contact with with the developers at FSTramp and they are going to send me a new trial version to experiment with, as I believe, and a lot of the problems seem to stem from FSTramp. Any addon which does not work and is meant for v5 and if I have it....of course I will uninstall it and will then will contact "said" developer to report the problem. When v5 HF1 crashes it crashes to the desktop.....ie - DEAD.....nothing, nada, niks. Splash screen and then nothing. What more can I say. I'm no expert by a long long shot and I dont profess to be but, I will try to solve any problem I encounter. Am I still getting crashes or not you ask..... no, not unless I use FSTramp and ATC together. They definately do not like one and another.

good day
You mentioned:
"Firstly I have the event log switched off(one of my choises)"

Turn it ON.

To try to isolate what is causing the CTD
Look in the Windows Event Viewer and get the
Faulting Module Name
example:

Best Regards,
Uriah

Post by Uriah »

I have now completely removed FSTramp from my system, and P3Dv5 HF1 crashed when I started using the ATC. Here is the event log.

Prepar3D.exe
5eab3677
VCRUNTIME140.dll
5e155520
c0000005
000000000000137b
01d623bb4aafd35f
F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
a4916c7f-3f2e-4e32-8e62-b18ea9f0ae65

Now lets hope LM will fix it properly and not a half hearted attempt as in HF1.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Uriah wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:01 pm I have now completely removed FSTramp from my system, and P3Dv5 HF1 crashed when I started using the ATC. Here is the event log.

Prepar3D.exe
5eab3677
VCRUNTIME140.dll
5e155520
c0000005
000000000000137b
01d623bb4aafd35f
F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
a4916c7f-3f2e-4e32-8e62-b18ea9f0ae65

Now lets hope LM will fix it properly and not a half hearted attempt as in HF1.
In your first post you said:
“So now we have HF1. ATC works, frame rates are ok”

Something in your setup is causing a problem after installing, uninstalling Add-on(s)..

Your current error is :
VCRUNTIME140.dll

I do not recall that being an ATC problem.

I have not noticed other pilots currently reporting ATC problem with P3Dv5HF1.

You could run through all the General Debugging Steps to isolate your problem:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246
Last edited by Martyson on Wed May 06, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards,
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Uriah,

I would suggest that before you do anything else, that you get ALL available C++ and Visual C libraries from Microsoft, all you can lay your eyes upon.

Then run Windows Update and make sure the switch in "Advanced options" called "Receive updates to other Microsoft products" is set to On.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.