Replace UK Airspace Boundaries BGL

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Ace-9

Replace UK Airspace Boundaries BGL

Postby Ace-9 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:29 pm

Hello, I am replacing the UK Airspace Boundaries BGL's.

F:\FS-P3dv4\Scenery\World\scenery\BNXWorld0.bgl
F:\FS-P3dv4\Scenery\World\scenery\BNXWorld1.bgl

If I add them to an add on folder using the add on xml files to point to the replacement BGL files located at

G:\10 - Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Scenery\CIX UK Airspace Boundaries\Content\Scenery\World\scenery

Will having files with the same name in different locations adversely effect P3D, or am I right in thinking P3D give preference to the add on files.

In FSX it was a case of renaming the original files and pasting the new files in that folder, this is not the P3D way and I am trying to ensure all my add ons are away from the P3D installation. I love the xml add on method, thanks.

Many Thanks
Roger
Tally Ho & ATB...
Roger

Ace-9

Re: Replace UK Airspace Boundaries BGL

Postby Ace-9 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:02 am

Bump..
Tally Ho & ATB...
Roger

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:05 am

Roger,

Have you checked the LM Scenery forum here?:
viewforum.php?f=6307
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Ace-9

Postby Ace-9 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:48 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did, only one post mentions the UK airspace boundary bgl, viewtopic.php?f=6307&t=97888&p=98090&hi ... bgl#p98090, it is not my answer and very technical.

I just need a yes or no, btw, I am not trying to develop scenery rather replace the default world scenery files for the UK, Hence my dilemma where to post this. Should I re-post this over there ? or can admin transfer it?
Thanks
Roger
Tally Ho & ATB...
Roger

downscc

Postby downscc » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:20 pm

What you are doing will work but you must turn off the bgl files you are replacing, commonly done by adding .OFF to the filename as in abc.bgl.OFF.
Dan Downs
KCRP

Ace-9

Postby Ace-9 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:44 pm

My reason is I have bgl files that use original names that are only used with some packages, and other times the original bgl is used, its a real pain having to keep track.

If P3D could prioritize add on files over native files with the same name that would be an amazing future update if at all possible.

Many Thanks
Tally Ho & ATB...
Roger

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”