Tomatoshade failed to initialize

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
mars

Tomatoshade failed to initialize

Post by mars »

Hey all,

sorry i am kind of newbie to P3D and the related addons... Right now i have a problem with Tomatoshade as the program failed to initialize because of invalid shaders. The error and the problem are already widely discussed but it did not find any helpful answer so far.

Shader integrity invalid for PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
Shader integrity invalid for GPUTerrain.fx
Shader integrity invalid for General.fx
Shader integrity invalid for FuncLibrary.fxh
Shader integrity valid for Cloud.fx
Shader integrity invalid for ParticleDraw.fx

The problem is, that i already reinstalled the client.msi and replaced the the invalid shaders from the hsl file from the shaderbackup file from Tomatoshade. It didnt not change anything...

I just have installed the orbx base back and made some lightning configuration via orbx base as addons. That's it. So there is no PTA or other programm relevant for this error.

I am thankful for any further hint.

Thanks & BEst regards,

Mars
Brad Shiver
Lockheed Martin

Re: Tomatoshade failed to initialize

Post by Brad Shiver »

Hi Mars,

Have you reached out to the add-on developer for support with this issue?

-Brad
mars

Post by mars »

Hi Brad,

no i did not as it is freeware and i and do not expect further support. I just thought that TS might be a very popular addon and that many of the user have experience with it.

But i will also try this way, to contact TS.

Thanks so far
Brad Shiver
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brad Shiver »

Hi Mars,

Perhaps others familiar with the add-on will be able to help further, but one thing to double check is that the add-on is compatible with the Prepar3D version you have installed. You can also try deleting your generated files before reinstalling the add-on.

-Bradley
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Brad I had those messages and al I did was to uninstall and install Client , does not affect anything and fixed the problem.
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
feisty888

Post by feisty888 »

I would stay away from Tomatoshade as it totally messed up my system. Could not unload program without deleting shaders which led to all of my aircraft with heavy reflections. do not use