adding scenery

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
tucanto

adding scenery

Postby tucanto » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:11 am

P3Dv4.5 + latest patch I am now finding that when I try to add scenery in the normal way in the scenery library
it is not going in message 'can not find' comes up, this is scenery that I have previously installed with no problem.
I have tried adding it in the scenery cfg this I have also been able to do previously but I now get the same message.
I do not want to have to delete generated files etc. as this will lose all my scenery files that I have installed and will
require me to reinstall it all again, this will take many hours any easier fixes ?

downscc

Re: adding scenery

Postby downscc » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:39 pm

Adding scenery using the scenery library is no longer the "normal" way and is not recommended by the P3D documentation. Without having any specifics it is impossible to troubleshoot your specific problem; however, you should refer to the sections on Adding Addons in the Learning Center.
Dan Downs
KCRP

tucanto

Postby tucanto » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:34 am

I have read the adding add-ons I think this is confusing and needs updating quickly to make it clearer as if adding scenery in the scenery library is no longer recommended what are the new recommendations ? a lot of freeware add-on do not have xml files.

downscc

Postby downscc » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:27 pm

I have read the adding add-ons I think this is confusing and needs updating quickly to make it clearer as if adding scenery in the scenery library is no longer recommended what are the new recommendations ? a lot of freeware add-on do not have xml files.
There is sufficient information in the Learning Center to create your own add-on.xml files, I've done many but if you don't have the time or inclination to learn then just use the free Lorby Addon Organizer.
Dan Downs
KCRP

tucanto

Postby tucanto » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:08 pm

Thanks for your help I downloaded the Lorby and managed to load the scenery from it
using the cfg way and the xml way so now is all fine

Return to “Other Support Questions”