Brightness problem

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
pile

Brightness problem

Postby pile » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:17 pm

Hi
From my new installation from scratch of p3d 4.5 on a new drive I have brightness problem when looking outside from the cockpit. The brightness problem appear when I focus inside the cockpit instrument (FMS, seats, clock, etc.) and I comeback to the pilot/copilot view the brightness back near to normal slowly and not completely compare if I look outside without the panel or directly after view from outside.

Some ones have this kind of issue ?

Here some videos to see the phenomenon with different aircraft addons and my graphic setup.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Pierre

With TFDi 717
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILNRp4WxSmU

With PMDG 747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4t-Huy6PCE

With qw787 ( Worst because the FMS have same behavior of outside view)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orxikly1LmM

Martyson

Re: Brightness problem

Postby Martyson » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:56 pm

"From my new installation from scratch of p3d 4.5 on a new drive I have brightness problem when looking outside from the cockpit. "

Is your default flight the P3D F22 at KVPS?

Do you see the same problem in the default F22 ?

What are your PC specs?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

pile

Postby pile » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:06 am

What are your PC specs?
Hi

Yes I have same problem with p3d F-22 base but the outside refresh is more fast probably the windshield of this aircraft is wider. You could see on the video.

To be sure I removed Prepar3D.cfg and let recreated it by p3d. Problem still there with tfdi 717 too.

https://youtu.be/s0necyq0Wog

My PC specs are:
i7-8700K 3.70 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung SSD 840 840 EVO 1TB
RAM 16 GB
Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as middle monitor
Windows 10 up to date :)

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:01 am

What are your PC specs?
Hi

Yes I have same problem with p3d F-22 base but the outside refresh is more fast probably the windshield of this aircraft is wider. You could see on the video.

To be sure I removed Prepar3D.cfg and let recreated it by p3d. Problem still there with tfdi 717 too.

https://youtu.be/s0necyq0Wog

My PC specs are:
i7-8700K 3.70 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung SSD 840 840 EVO 1TB
RAM 16 GB
Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as middle monitor
Windows 10 up to date :)
"Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as middle monitor"

What happens if you set up P3D with just one standard monitor?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

pile

Postby pile » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:16 pm

"What happens if you set up P3D with just one standard monitor?"

Same thing if I open p3d on the other monitor. I never had this problem with the version 4.3 and I install v4.5 recently a brand new version on a brand new drive.

Do you have a special setup in NVIDIA Control Panel? From my side I reset to the default one to see if this is the problem but nothing change...

Regards

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:48 pm

"What happens if you set up P3D with just one standard monitor?"

Same thing if I open p3d on the other monitor. I never had this problem with the version 4.3 and I install v4.5 recently a brand new version on a brand new drive.

Do you have a special setup in NVIDIA Control Panel? From my side I reset to the default one to see if this is the problem but nothing change...

Regards
"Same thing if I open p3d on the other monitor. "
I meant to only have one standard monitor set up (installed) on your PC for testing with the default flight (F22 at KVPS).

Edit:
I noticed you had previous display problems with views/textures on your setup:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 12#p200712
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

pile

Postby pile » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:01 pm

"Edit:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 12#p200712"

Yes and I am amazed that the problem has returned this morning but worse. PMDG 747 and QW787 back with same problem too...

Watch the screenshot from KVPS ...

I dont know what to do now after installed p3d from scrach on new drive. Do you ever saw a problem like this. Seems all my scenery base are not loaded only airports.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:41 pm

"Edit:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 12#p200712"

Yes and I am amazed that the problem has returned this morning but worse. PMDG 747 and QW787 back with same problem too...

Watch the screenshot from KVPS ...

I dont know what to do now after installed p3d from scrach on new drive. Do you ever saw a problem like this. Seems all my scenery base are not loaded only airports.

At this point I would go through the debugging steps with only one monitor installed:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

pile

Postby pile » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:36 am

Hi Vaughan,

I resolved the problem with texture it was cause by a Flytampa airport who is not install by their new universal installer. I will try to put it in the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons to see if the conflict is resolver with the base scenery.

The brightness problem is not cause in my opinion by the texture it maybe cause by the refresh of shaders. I saw that the addon aircraft who use something like trueGlass or Tomato the exterior refresh is little bit more slow than the default aircraft of p3d. I have only this problem since version 4.5.

I made the test with only one monitor plugged on the graphic card and I noted that the problem still there after reinstalled all components.

I continue to investigate. I will keep you in touch.

Regards

Pierre

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:55 am

Hi Vaughan,

I resolved the problem with texture it was cause by a Flytampa airport who is not install by their new universal installer. I will try to put it in the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons to see if the conflict is resolver with the base scenery.

The brightness problem is not cause in my opinion by the texture it maybe cause by the refresh of shaders. I saw that the addon aircraft who use something like trueGlass or Tomato the exterior refresh is little bit more slow than the default aircraft of p3d. I have only this problem since version 4.5.

I made the test with only one monitor plugged on the graphic card and I noted that the problem still there after reinstalled all components.

I continue to investigate. I will keep you in touch.

Regards

Pierre
Are you going to contact Flytampa about installing their airport on your P3D setup?

You mentioned:
"I saw that the addon aircraft who use something like trueGlass or Tomato"

Sorry, I do not understand what you are talking about.

If you are still having problems, as I previously mentioned, at this point it would be good to go through the debugging steps with only one monitor installed:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

pile

Postby pile » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:19 pm

"Sorry, I do not understand what you are talking about."
I talk about the problem that i show on video when I talk about trueGlass or Tomato.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If you are still having problems, as I previously mentioned, at this point it would be good to go through the debugging steps with only one monitor installed:"

I did these debugging steps and I corrected my texture problem not the brightness.

I just said that my texture problem are different of the brightness problem.
The first one is resolve with the debugging last step when I reinstall all p3d and when i discover the scenery addons.
The second one is not resolve with the debugging.

Regards

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:40 pm

"Sorry, I do not understand what you are talking about."
I talk about the problem that i show on video when I talk about trueGlass or Tomato.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If you are still having problems, as I previously mentioned, at this point it would be good to go through the debugging steps with only one monitor installed:"

I did these debugging steps and I corrected my texture problem not the brightness.

I just said that my texture problem are different of the brightness problem.
The first one is resolve with the debugging last step when I reinstall all p3d and when i discover the scenery addons.
The second one is not resolve with the debugging.

Regards
It may be that you need to uninstall your add-ons, uninstall P3D, only use one monitor, reinstall P3D and leave it in a default state to verify no problems.

If all ok with the default flight (F22 at KVPS) and other default P3D aircraft then reinstall your add-ons one at a time to verify all is still ok (or not?) .
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

pile

Postby pile » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:54 pm

Yes its what i did when I reinstall p3d and install it on new drive.

I will post the problem on the addon providers forum I will see when they think about this before reinstall all p3d and all the addon as last week.

Thanks again for your time I will let you know and maybe another user will have same issue too.

Pierre

pile

Postby pile » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:03 pm

Hi Vaughan

The support of TFDi 717 found the solution its the Prepar3D's HDR rendering option. I just turn it off and I can see clearly outside from inside now. This resolve also for my PMDG 747 and QW787.

Hope this will help some users too.

Regards

Pierre

Return to “Miscellaneous”