Cursor Become Crosshair

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Doc_Z

Cursor Become Crosshair

Postby Doc_Z » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:00 pm

When I change views to Outside and use the spacebar and mouse to expand the view, the curso changes to a crosshair and then will not change back. If I use the default CTRL + o, it changes momentarily but returns to the cross. This happens with add-on aircraft and defaults. I have done the debugging steps.

downscc

Re: Cursor Become Crosshair

Postby downscc » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:41 pm

The crosshair should appear when you toggle the mouse as a pointing device, at least this is true within the VC Cockpit.
Dan Downs
KCRP

Doc_Z

Postby Doc_Z » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:09 pm

Right, but the problem is it won't untoggle.

RRVyper

Postby RRVyper » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:19 pm

Probably the simplest fix is to delete your Standard.xml file in %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls and let it rebuild on next launch. The caveat here is that you will lose your keyboard/joystick assignments and will have to redo them. You may also need to reapply changes made by EZCA or Chaseplane if you use those programs.

Randy

Doc_Z

Postby Doc_Z » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:47 pm

I have several .xml files for different aircraft. Do those files include axis and calibration information or just keys?

RRVyper

Postby RRVyper » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:38 pm

Calibration data is stored in the Calibration.xml file located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls. However, I believe I was mistaken on my previous post. The file that contains the Mouselook toggle is Standard.xmlx. You can open it in a text editor (e.g. Notepad or Notepad++) and the lines you are looking for are as follows:

<Entry>
<Key>Space</Key>
<Down>MOUSE_LOOK_TOGGLE</Down>
<DownVal>1</DownVal>
<Up>MOUSE_LOOK_TOGGLE</Up>
<UpVal>2</UpVal>
</Entry>

It will occur a couple of times (for Normal and Slew). Deleting this file will trigger a rebuild. I believe if you change the default (classic default mappings) these lines will then appear in the Standard.xml file. I hope this makes sense.

Randy

Edit: forgot to mention - yes, axis info is also stored in the Standard.xml file. Calibration isn't.

Doc_Z

Postby Doc_Z » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:03 pm

Makes sense. Got it sorted now, thanks.

RRVyper

Postby RRVyper » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:06 pm

đź‘Ť

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”