Invisible Object during Flare

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
tjf4375

Re: Invisible Object during Flare

Post by tjf4375 »

Has any further progress been made with this issue? I am having the same problem with the PMDG 747 at Sangster Intl (Montego Bay) by RWY26, which has a similar near sea level threshold. Very frustrating to have a final approach completely screwed after 10 hours of flying!
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

tjf4375 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:03 pm Has any further progress been made with this issue? I am having the same problem with the PMDG 747 at Sangster Intl (Montego Bay) by RWY26, which has a similar near sea level threshold. Very frustrating to have a final approach completely screwed after 10 hours of flying!
Is your Sangster Intl default, freeware or payware ?

Have you tried the approach in a default P3D aircraft?

Which P3D version are you using (Client, Content and Scenery installed now)?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
TheFl4me

Post by TheFl4me »

tjf4375 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:03 pm Has any further progress been made with this issue? I am having the same problem with the PMDG 747 at Sangster Intl (Montego Bay) by RWY26, which has a similar near sea level threshold. Very frustrating to have a final approach completely screwed after 10 hours of flying!
Not really, although I did figure out why the other persons coast line shape looked different than mine and its because he had ORBX norcal etc installed which I now have aswell. (scenery addon is not a factor in the bug)

To this day I still constantly encounter the bug when I fly into SFO if i have a mesh res below 19 and I fly with a LARGE pmdg or QW aircraft even after multiple clean installs of p3dv4.5

I have given up hope that this issue will ever be resolved because:

- It has existed for years and has never been fixed
- p3d forum staff seem determined to ignore this thread
- due to the complexity of the bug every developer blames the other (p3d will blame pmdg and vice versa in an endless loop)

In the unlikely event that someone wants to attempt and reproduce this bug:

- use the pmdg 747/777 or QW787 (if you take a smaller aircraft chances are that the tail will be clear of the "invisible object" and you will land without a problem)
- approach KSFO 28L/R
- try to follow the ILS, and if you really want to provoke it fly with 3/4 reds on the papi
- mesh res of 5/2/1
Tristan Hancock
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Martyson wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:35 pm KSFO-FlightBeam/Orbx-Global-ILS28R-APR-test P3Dv4.3 ok.

https://youtu.be/E14u1pTUOxQ
My previous post, test video landing KSFO.
Best Regards,
TheFl4me

Post by TheFl4me »

Martyson wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:25 pm
Martyson wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:35 pm KSFO-FlightBeam/Orbx-Global-ILS28R-APR-test P3Dv4.3 ok.

https://youtu.be/E14u1pTUOxQ
My previous post, test video landing KSFO.
TheFl4me wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:09 pm
tjf4375 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:03 pm In the unlikely event that someone wants to attempt and reproduce this bug:

- use the pmdg 747/777 or QW787 (if you take a smaller aircraft chances are that the tail will be clear of the "invisible object" and you will land without a problem)
Tristan Hancock
tjf4375

Post by tjf4375 »

Martyson wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:03 pm
Is your Sangster Intl default, freeware or payware ?

Have you tried the approach in a default P3D aircraft?

Which P3D version are you using (Client, Content and Scenery installed now)?
Hi there,
It's payware add-on scenery, by RWY26. I have tried the approach in default aircraft, and also the Aerosoft A320, and the PMDG 737. All landed without any problems. This issue only seems to affect the PMDG 747, which is very odd.

I'd be really keen on finding a solution to this, as it is really frustrating.
IncreaseVS

Post by IncreaseVS »

Not really, although I did figure out why the other persons coast line shape looked different than mine and its because he had ORBX norcal etc installed which I now have aswell. (scenery addon is not a factor in the bug)

To this day I still constantly encounter the bug when I fly into SFO if i have a mesh res below 19 and I fly with a LARGE pmdg or QW aircraft even after multiple clean installs of p3dv4.5

- due to the complexity of the bug every developer blames the other (p3d will blame pmdg and vice versa in an endless loop)

- approach KSFO 28L/R
- try to follow the ILS, and if you really want to provoke it fly with 3/4 reds on the papi
- mesh res of 5/2/1
Hello All,

I am a new user experiencing the same issue and it is extremely disappointing to see threads documenting this specific issue from the release of the FSX engine to a similar version of the same game nearly a decade later.

I like to occasionally fly below the glide-slope to practice hand flying the PMDG 747 and I find it extremely disappointing to have my flight ruined by having it end with my plane in the ground.

The problem I am having is exactly the same as documented by the previous videos. Flying a larger aircraft, coming to the seawall then teleporting in the ground.

It appears the only fix is to buy a program like FSG Mesh with terrain data? Can anyone confirm this/have any solutions?

Thank You!
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

IncreaseVS wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:20 am

- approach KSFO 28L/R
- mesh res of 5/2/1
Hello All,

I am a new user experiencing the same issue and it is extremely disappointing to see threads documenting this specific issue from the release of the FSX engine to a similar version of the same game nearly a decade later.

I like to occasionally fly below the glide-slope to practice hand flying the PMDG 747 and I find it extremely disappointing to have my flight ruined by having it end with my plane in the ground.

The problem I am having is exactly the same as documented by the previous videos. Flying a larger aircraft, coming to the seawall then teleporting in the ground.

It appears the only fix is to buy a program like FSG Mesh with terrain data? Can anyone confirm this/have any solutions?

Thank You!

"I like to occasionally fly below the glide-slope to practice hand flying the PMDG 747 and I find it extremely disappointing to have my flight ruined by having it end with my plane in the ground. "

Why are you doing that?
Best Regards,
IncreaseVS

Post by IncreaseVS »

Hello Martyson,

Solely user error :) I was trying to crack a joke.

Have you found purchasing FSG Mesh to fix it? I'm willing to pay big bucks to fix this issue for all airports and for good....

Thanks!
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

IncreaseVS wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:08 pm Hello Martyson,

Solely user error :) I was trying to crack a joke.

Have you found purchasing FSG Mesh to fix it? I'm willing to pay big bucks to fix this issue for all airports and for good....

Thanks!
Did you see my short video (F22 at KSFO)?
The link is a couple post here before your post?

Are you only seeing this problem with PMDG747?

Note:
I do not use any add-on mesh.
I do use a few payware airports.
Best Regards,
IncreaseVS

Post by IncreaseVS »

Hello,

Thanks for your reply! I looked at your video and your seawall looks a little bit different than mine.

I haven't tried it with GA or jets, I'll do so when I get P3D open again.

I put all my terrain sliders to the right when I am flying as they make minor performance impacts for me. I was reading that perhaps the mesh resolution has something to do with it.

Here is a video from FSX but documents the same problem: https://youtu.be/QAGXbwPtDIA

Any runway with a cliff...

Regards,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Are you using P3Dv4.5 ?

Maybe do a short video of your approach / problem in the PMDG747 and default P3D aircraft.
Best Regards,
IncreaseVS

Post by IncreaseVS »

Martyson wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:55 pm Are you using P3Dv4.5 ?

Maybe do a short video of your approach / problem in the PMDG747 and default P3D aircraft.

Sure,

I'll be home in a couple of hours, I'll post it then.
IncreaseVS

Post by IncreaseVS »

Martyson wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:55 pm Are you using P3Dv4.5 ?

Apologies!

I do not have an actual video for you. I wrongly thought that P3D would record an MP4 but instead it recorded the flight data.

I can confirm with you however that my approach looks exactly like https://youtu.be/-plWAfAxsXY?t=1808 in the 777, then smashes down into the ground when crossing the sea wall.

I also attempted this approach with the default C-130 with the same result.

Here are the flight data files if they are useful to you: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AktnE3X6KENmgP5PyMbpKBsxugC4YA (One Drive)

Regards
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

C130 28L approach test P3Dv4.5

https://youtu.be/7h4EdfeMJ9Q
Best Regards,