Hotas Warthog Throttle and Stick

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
wombat

Hotas Warthog Throttle and Stick

Post by wombat »

Hi Guys,

I have a desktop system with P3Dv3 and P3D v4 installed, my Hotas throttle and stick work ok on P3D v3 but I can only get the Joystick to work with P4D v4, any help with this would be appreciated.

Ron

http://rs131.pbsrc.com/albums/p294/womb ... 1509422467
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Hotas Warthog Throttle and Stick

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Ron,

If you change you control mode to direct input does this fix the issue? This can be changed through the menu by going to Options->Controls->Other.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
wombat

Post by wombat »

Hi Rob,
thank you for your help, I change to direct input and still the same, the weird thing is it works ok in P3D v3 but not V4.

I also have the tick in the Notify me when a reply is posted but did not receive notification is this option not working ?

Ron
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Ron,

I'm not aware of any issues receiving topic notifications. Try unsubscribing and subscribing again to see it that fixes the issue. If you're still having issues let me know. Another thing to check is if any add-ons you have installed are handling controls. I recommend going through our general debugging steps here to help isolate the issue: viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=123246

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
wombat

Post by wombat »

Hi Rob,

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I have been away, I discovered this week that there is a small button on the throttle arm, I pressed that in and can now use the joystick and throttle, but I do have to do that everytime I use V4 so not a real hard thing to do.

In regard to the not being notified this is only related to when I ask question here and tick the notify box that asks Notify me when a reply is posted.
Don't really want to unsubscribe because I may loose my wombat name.

Thank you for your help

Ron