Blurries on decent

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
wideloadwhitford

Blurries on decent

Post by wideloadwhitford »

Hello team

I seem to be running into a bit of a situation with blurriness on decent. I checked out this thread here to no avail. http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=125808

This only happens when on the decent no matter what aircraft I have installed. The autogen fails to load and all the textures are blurry and unreadable.

i7 7700k 4.8ghz
1080ti 1950mhz boost clock
480GB PNY M.2 3GB/s

ORBX Global, Vector, LC

FPS are on unlimited and VSYNC/Triple buffering on. 60hz monitor 60FPS.

The only tweak I use in the Prepar3d.CFG is Affinity Mask of 84. Without this my sim would stutter.

Any thoughts?
Ryan
sfgiants13

Re: Blurries on decent

Post by sfgiants13 »

I think a lot of people have this issue. I certainly do. My system isn't as powerful as yours but I run slightly lower settings. What seems to help for me is locking FPS. It's not perfect but it does seem to help a lot with texture loading. It does cause me to lose some FPS though so in order to maintain my monitor refresh rate I typically run unlimited and once I takeoff switch it to locked until I get closer to final approach where it goes back to unlimited. It is a hassle but it does help keep my textures sharper and keep stutters to a minimum when I lose FPS as I approach the airport.

There's a lot for your system to process throughout the flight and my guess is it's just not keeping up at the end of it. I would love to hear of a solution for this problem as well. Takeoff everything looks great but slowly degrades as my flight moves along.
Exeodus

Post by Exeodus »

Remove your affinity mask and see if that fixes the problem. 84 always caused blurries for me in V3, and I don't use one in V4. I even stopped using it in V3.
pracines

Post by pracines »

If all else fails (like all else failed for me) try this in the cfg:

[MAIN]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.17 <---used to default to .33 in FSX. This setting may have been removed by LM in version 4, as I have no other explanation for the blurriness even in rural areas and moderate settings.

I have no blurriness anymore and my autogen is always there now. I also use ORBX Global, Vector, LC

My specs:
Win 10 64bit | Z97 Pro | i7 4790 4.6GHz | Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooling | 16GB RAM | GTX 980 |
1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s
Win 10 Pro 64bit | ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO | i9 10850K |DDR4 3600MHZ G.SKILL TRIDENT Z NEO- 128GB | 1200W PLATINUM POWER SUPPLY | RTX 3090 |Samsung 970 evo plus 2TB NVME | 2nd M.2 Solid State 2TB | Seagate IRONWOLF PRO 8TB | DEEPCOOL CASTLE 240EX
AnkH

Post by AnkH »

I use an affinity mask of 85 for years now together with my i7 and HT on. Worked in v3.4 and now in v4 as well, never seen disappearing autogen in v4 until I once increased simulation rate to 4x for several minutes...
I wonder if it might be related to "low" settings instead of what everybody thinks to "high" settings? I certainly use much higher autogen settings than the TS and do not have those issues, might be worth trying it? No need to lower those settings that much with an i7@OC plus a 1080Ti... I put the slider all to one setting lower than max. except the complexity slider, this I have like the TS on max.
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home
Senchay

Post by Senchay »

I posted about the problem here already, so i just copy the link to there. Be aware that that guy had a different problem as you, yes, but anyway i explained what may be the problem too. Its a long discussed topic with many things where one can fall in disbelief, because basically most other applications/Games dont behave in this way.

To make it short, even on a 1080 its very easy to overload your sim. Then one can come to the point where you may still have really high fps (like 70 or 80) BUT you have no autogen (or few) and the terrain is very blurry after some h of flighttime, maybe even after 30 Min. But please read it here, its basically same i would say now.

You find also my system specs there (lower than yours) and screens how it can look with my settings. It basically 2 posts, so maybe read both if you want.... Please, even if you may not believe what i say because it sounds wiered, try it...and also if you think you can run all other stuff on max, dont think the same with p3d. Its made for the future to some extend. Look at my screenshots (rightclick them and open in other tab to zoom) and think if this isnt enough. And then be aware i have a 800 Euo system with a1060, so you can go a bit higher maybe but NOT much)

I helped quite a few ppl to gain a nice sim already with this. Also, theres a Learning Center on your HDD from P3d, there is this topic explained too. You can watch streamers and you will see same problem. Many know about it, few can solve it bec noone listens and everyone thinks "I have a 1080 TI with pimp i7, i can set all to max". No, you cant...

Uncheck highres terrain (if you dont have 4k Monitor you dont need it), set the autogen LOD lower, set the terrain LOD lower... There are quite some things that will cause excactly that, how you set it up. I go a bit into detail there more in one of the 2 posts

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 09#p165487

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 01#p165436

If the sim doesnt look like this after a 3h flight on departure, on anything higher than an 1060 & i5 7400 then you set your settings too high

Zoom with rightclick on pic, open in other tab

Also for you i post the topic directly from the P3d Learning Center, installed on your HDD because i saw you have unlocked fps.

"For some computers, it may be advantageous to limit the target frame rate. By limiting the upper end of the frame rate, the computer does not spend any more resources than necessary to render the selected frame rate. Resources not used to increase the frame rate beyond that setting can be used for other tasks like rendering clouds or drawing scenery in the distance. Experiment to find the frame rate that works best for you."

Btw, there are no cfg tweaks needed at all. No affinity mask, no other stuff..... it works very fluid and nice without all of that if the settings are done right. If i can run FullHD with the shown results, with locked 32 fps overall in the 747 VC on an 800 Euro Pc, everyone with more than a 7400 and 1060 (as i have) should not have the slightest issues without having to tweak anything at all.
P3D 5.3, I7700K, 2080 RTX, 16GB Ram, Asus Prime Z270K, Win 10
Active Addons: ActiveSky, Skyforce Env Textures, Envshade, GSX, UtLive