Unable to update from V3.2 to V3.3

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
nhagag

Unable to update from V3.2 to V3.3

Post by nhagag »

Hello
I downloaded the full version of Academic P3d v3.3.3, expanded and clicked on client.msi
it says product is already installed, uninstall and reinstall.

I do not wish to do so, I have quite a few add-ons and I just want to update from v3.2 t0 v3.3.

Please advise

Bill
bazbeaumont

Re: Unable to update from V3.2 to V3.3

Post by bazbeaumont »

If you read this thread I doubt you will want to upgrade to v3.3, I know I'm not.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=119544
bobsk8

Post by bobsk8 »

I posted a caution about updating on this thread yesterday and making sure you had a backup first, and it was deleted..../??
TheGreenToad

Post by TheGreenToad »

nhagag wrote:Hello
I downloaded the full version of Academic P3d v3.3.3, expanded and clicked on client.msi

I do not wish to do so, I have quite a few add-ons and I just want to update from v3.2 t0 v3.3.

Please advise

Bill
You only need to uninstall the old client component before you install the new client, as it is mentioned in the instructions. This should leave your installed addons alone.
Regards, Hans
freded

Post by freded »

TheGreenToad wrote:
nhagag wrote:Hello

Please advise

Bill
You only need to uninstall the old client component before you install the new client, as it is mentioned in the instructions. This should leave your installed addons alone.
I, too, want to upgrade to v 3.3.5, so I read the instructions and tried to uninstall the old client.msi. But i got an error message saying "Could not open key. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE32\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs... etc.,etc."

Could this be because I am running Windows 64-bit? And if so, what can I do?
Regards,
Mark
freded

Post by freded »

I should add that There is no "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE32" in my Registry. So it's no wonder the uninstall can't find it...
Regards,
Mark
TheGreenToad

Post by TheGreenToad »

Uninstalling and reinstalling the client worked for me without any issues (Windows 64-bit as well). I think you should make a new post for your problem in the "Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions" section, so that someone from LM can look at it.
Regards, Hans