P3D 3.1 "Not Responding"

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
jfail

P3D 3.1 "Not Responding"

Post by jfail »

I had a perfectly good installation of P3D 3.0 Pro working flawlessly on Windows 10 Pro.

I downloaded the 3.1 Pro version.
Unzipped it (no errors)
Went to control panel and removed Prepar3D V3 client
Went to control panel and removed Prepar3D V3 SDK
Rebooted
Installed P3D V3.1 Client - installed and licensed no problems at all. Installed to original location C:\Prepar3D V3
Installed P3D V3.1 SDK - installed no problem
Run P3D
Opening Window says "Prepar3D V3 Not Responding" in upper left corner. Waited @ 8 minutes in case shaders being rebuilt etc. nothing happened, still showed "Not Responding"
Did Client uninstall via Control panel , reboot, reinstall again
Renamed exe.xml and dll.xml just case some addon was causing the problem
Rebooted
Started P3D V3.1, "Not responding"
I walked off and left it.
After about 10 minutes P3D V3.1 actually appeared
I thought maybe my scenery.cfg had a problem (I have numerous Orbx, Aerosoft, FSDreamteam addons) so I uninstalled
Prepare3D V3. scenery via control panel and rebooted.
Installed V3.1 scenery which went fine with no errors
Now 3.1 still displays "Not Responding" but will eventually come up after about 6-10 minutes. Nothing is right, scenery is not right etc.

I am lost as to what has gone wrong.

Windows 10 Pro, I7 4790k (not overclocked), 1TB SSD, 32 Gb DDR3.
Mike LM

Re: P3D 3.1 "Not Responding"

Post by Mike LM »

What happens if you disable/uninstall your add-ons? You mentioned uninstalling the P3D Scenery and Client, but not any add-ons.
jfail

Post by jfail »

Hi Mike,

I had not gone quite that far but it appears I am going to have to completely remove everything and start from scratch. Since I have a lot of scenery etc. it is a pretty painful process to reinstall it again.
jfail

Post by jfail »

I went ahead and disabled all addon scenery in the scenery library, rebooted and restarted P3D V3.1. P3D did the indexing scenery etc. very quickly but then same problem, "Not Responding" but P3D does come up after several minutes. The loading auto generated scenery message does not come up for about 4-5 minutes but P3D runs about a minute after that.
daniloraisi

Post by daniloraisi »

Did you removed the scenery and shaders cache before start P3Dv3.1?
Best regards,
Danilo Raisi (SBSP)

---------------
Win10 64bit, Dell Inspiron 15 5548, i7 @ 4x2,80GHz, 16GB DDR3, AMD Radeon R7 M265 2GB (1x 1366x768), 1x SSD 480GB, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, P3Dv3.1
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

same problem here . the loading of scenery takes 4 to 5 min with the p3d not responding message. Had no problem with p3d 3.0 all the scenery loaded up fast between airports switching . very strange . i also moved to windows 10 could that be the problem . i will roll back to p3d v3 see if the problem is there in windows 10
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

So i tested p3d v3 with windows 10 on my other machine and there is maybe 1 min waiting time the airports load very quickly i noticed every my processor is ruining at 40 % . in p3d v3.1 processor is running at 75 % with the same scenery and the same setting very strange . I installed 3.1 from scratch so there would be no problem . loool help ...
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

ryanair007 wrote:So i tested p3d v3 with windows 10 on my other machine and there is maybe 1 min waiting time the airports load very quickly i noticed every my processor is ruining at 40 % . in p3d v3.1 processor is running at 75 % with the same scenery and the same setting very strange . I installed 3.1 from scratch so there would be no problem . loool help ...
ryanair007,

Can you confirm you followed the post in our FAQs http://www.prepar3d.com/frequently-asked-questions/ about deleting generated files?

Please be aware that this will remove add-ons, but that should not be an issue for a clean installation.

Manually delete the following folders for v3:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 (or the modified install location)
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

Yes i formatted the full machine that normally does the job . I installed windows 10 + p3d 3.1 and all the add ons that work fine in 3.0 .
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

i have a second computer running p3.0 will all the same scenery no issues and the processor is running a 40 % instead on my 2nd computer wich is the exact configuration but running p3d 3.1 same addons 70 % of the processor is used and when you load any airport or aircraft . the windows says p3d stop responding you come back 10 min later and you are ready to fly
jfail

Post by jfail »

I have done a lot of detective work this morning. Disabled scenery, addons etc., etc. same problem.

It appears this problem has something to do with saved flights.

Since I ran into this problem and conducted the original procedure in my first post above I tried the following:

I have a EVGA Nvidia TitanX video card.
I thought that maybe the shaders needed to be updated so I deleted that folder. I also thought it might be a good idea to
delete Prepar3D.cfg and let P3D rebuild it on the next startup although I have NEVER at any time made any change whatsoever to Prepar3D.cfg.

Instantly, P3D came up very quickly with no delay as I and others have encountered with 3.1. It of course defaulted to the F35 at Eglin AFB (the default flight of a virgin Prepar3D.cfg) in windowed mode. This was with all of my scenery, addons etc. re-enabled. So P3D came back to normal at this point.

I then went to Scenario > Load > and loaded my original saved, default flight from P3D V3.0 (A36 at KIWA Runway 30R). Prepar3D V3.1 immediately showed "Not responding" and I had to force it to close.

I restarted P3D 3.1 and all was normal again. I can repeat the scenario above over and over with the same results. If I load any of my old saved flights this problem occurs. I am fairly certain that deleteing of the shaders folder has nothing to do with this problem and it is centered around saved flights from P3D V3.0.

My next step is to delete all saved flights from 3.0 and see what happens. Maybe others having this problem could try the above and see if they get the same results. It does not seem to me that simply uninstalling the 3.0 client and reinstalling the 3.1 client should have had any effect on the saved flights but maybe Adam can shed some light on that.
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

thanks for the imformation .when you switch from airport to airport or aircraft is it very slow with a non respond windows for 5 min ?
jfail

Post by jfail »

ryanair007 wrote:thanks for the imformation .when you switch from airport to airport or aircraft is it very slow with a non respond windows for 5 min ?
Now that you mention it, yes, I stayed in the F35 at Elgin, Clicked World > Go to Airport > KIWA and yes, it is "Not responding" and has been not responding for over 5 minutes. There is clearly something wrong here.
jfail

Post by jfail »

jfail wrote:
ryanair007 wrote:thanks for the imformation .when you switch from airport to airport or aircraft is it very slow with a non respond windows for 5 min ?
Now that you mention it, yes, I stayed in the F35 at Elgin, Clicked World > Go to Airport > KIWA and yes, it is "Not responding" and has been not responding for over 5 minutes. There is clearly something wrong here.
After 6 minutes it finally started loading KIWA
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

Ok then 2 of my friends have the same problem so its seems to be a 3.1 bug Somme where