Text "Academic" - How to remove from the screen ?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Mister J

Post by Mister J »

Good day !

Someone is kind enough to tell me what is the procedure to remove the word "Academic" from the top right of the screen?

Thanks in advance.

MrJ
Jude

Post by Jude »

Are you kidding?

Buy the Professional version.

simaviator13

Post by simaviator13 »

Jude is correct, the academic water mark is only displayed in the academic version. So to remove it you would need to buy the pro version. Its very small and I dont notice it anymore.
vgbaron

Post by vgbaron »

Quote:
Quote from Jude on December 3, 2013, 10:01

Are you kidding?

ROFL!

Vic
Mister J

Post by Mister J »

Quote:
Quote from Jude on December 3, 2013, 10:01

Are you kidding?

lol
Mister J

Post by Mister J »

please tell me where is the parameter to leave it? i think academic version is not "demo" version, right?
klaatu

Post by klaatu »

As you've been told twice already, if you don't want the text, you will need to buy the Professional licence.

Steve
Saul

Post by Saul »

It can't be removed.

Trying to remove it would be a breach of your EULA and you may lose your rights to your academic License.

If it annoys you so much Jude has already said how to have P3D without the watermark.

Regards,

Saul.
Mister J

Post by Mister J »

amazing .. does not make sense that you do. L.M. have not gift the software. There has been paid to use it for domestic use. that writing is invasive and annoying.

So far I supported the project enthusiastically P3Dv2 but reading these lines is disgusting to me.

The Professional license should have the sole pro may be used in the business environment, for domestic use while it will not be an annoying writing to make a difference. I am deeply disappointed by these policies.

Bye
greggerm

Post by greggerm »

I sense a potential language barrier here which may have influenced Mister J's interpretation of the allowed uses for Prepar3D.

The "Academic" version of P3D is not intended for domestic or home entertainment. It is intended for students and teachers for their educational use. Although it is priced like an entertainment or domestic product, it is not intended to be used as such. In the case of P3Dv2, the term "Academic" does not mean simplified or basic, but instead it describes the product is intended for educational or scholastic use... 'academic use'.

Keep in mind - Aside from the watermark, there are no functional differences between the Professional Version, the Developer Version, or the Academic Version. The only differences are the price, licensing terms, and intended audience.
Mister J

Post by Mister J »

Quote:
Quote from greggerm on December 3, 2013, 16:21

I sense a potential language barrier here which may have influenced Mister J's interpretation of the allowed uses for Prepar3D.

The "Academic" version of P3D is not intended for domestic or home entertainment. It is intended for students and teachers for their educational use. Although it is priced like an entertainment or domestic product, it is not intended to be used as such. In the case of P3Dv2, the term "Academic" does not mean simplified or basic, but instead it describes the product is intended for educational or scholastic use... 'academic use'.

Keep in mind - Aside from the watermark, there are no functional differences between the Professional Version, the Developer Version, or the Academic Version. The only differences are the price, licensing terms, and intended audience.

right, my english is not good. but when i buy the new car in base version vs car full optional version is ot differencve into the glass.

Pheraps L.M. dont like leave the "academic" text from the monitor?

This text seem demo version into my screen.

Why i need buy academic version when my eyes need really nice addons as REX, FTX, PMD, etc..

My visual exemple of i think it is that string

Hoping leaving it in next update or make it possible with preapr3d.cfg string :)

Thanks to read my problem and i hope in one better p3dv2 also in thin little problem as test string :)

Regards, Omar

( my english is bad sorry )

vgbaron

Post by vgbaron »

And there is no DEMO version. Buy it, try it - if unhappy - return it within 60 days and get $$ back.

ok - Mr J - I think there is a definite language problem.

As Greggerm said:

Except for the WATERMARK, price and licensing - ALL versions are the same.

You did NOT buy a demo or a reduced function version - you bought the FULL version WITH the watermark at a REDUCED price for STUDENTS.

If you want the version with NO WATERMARK - either buy the Pro version or the Developer's version. SAME product - no watermark.

Removing the watermark from the Academic version is not now and will not be possible in the future - THAT'S what makes it an Academic version.

Hope this is a bit clearer.

Vic
tropebuster

Post by tropebuster »

I agree, the academic version banner doesn't make sense.. why don't they just change it to say "too cheap to buy pro version"

why ONLY label the academic version and not the pro? what is the point of it?

Only the person flying and people who see the screenshots will see it.

Why advertise the cheaper version? doesn't make any sense.
vgbaron

Post by vgbaron »

Ask the lawyers - what was the point of MS releasing a student discounted version of Office?

Marketing is marketing. Simple solution - buy the Pro or developer version.

Vic
Mister J

Post by Mister J »

i'm not a child. I'm good person and serious person.

I ave opened this topic to gift a suggestion.

in fact, the text is not good marketing. It make only bad point ( -1 ) into the classify.

My topic is one suggestion only.. take kalm i dont need refound. i ave the dollars only i dont like my screen deface.

Looked Martin are serious programmers and i think dont need text to deface customer software to take ohter one copy.