Updated 3ds Max Tools Posted - NEW 1.2 BETA

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
noob24

Post by noob24 »

yeah thanks ive tried again and this time all works ok must have missed out a step only thing is now i have 4 "aces tools" menus

edit: solved via customise menu simply deleting the extra entries problem fixed
Stu Austin

Post by Stu Austin »

Thanks for the updates!

Installed updates.

Max 2009 has no errors at startup.

Max 2011 has no errors at startup.

Max 2012 has no errors at startup.

Checked Aces tools. They are coming up. Will study and continue to learn (still new at doing things for FSX).
Legacy Support

Post by Legacy Support »

Nice. Thanks Rich.
Andras

Post by Andras »

Yes the new updated SDK tools seem to work fine, apart from the memory-leak issue that has been mentioned. Larger models just can not be exported.

Hope to get an updated version soon.

Question: are there any plans to support the 64 bit 3dsMax versions, or it is just a dream of some of us?

Andras
FSMP

Post by FSMP »

Quote:
Quote from Andras on July 1, 2011, 11:10

Question: are there any plans to support the 64 bit 3dsMax versions, or it is just a dream of some of us?

Andras

When in a 32 bit world, one can always dream of 64 bits

Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

It appears there are some low-level routines in the tools that don't play nicely with 64 bit, so a simple recompile won't suffice. We are focusing on all 32-bit bugs for now and will evaluate the complexity of a 64 bit upgrade once the 32-bit tools are stable.

Thanks,

Beau
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
SkySoft

Post by SkySoft »

Hi

I have 3DS Max 2011 32 bit working on Win 7 64bit and everything seems to work until I try to export the model.

It tells me : " You don't have a undefined directory for me to export to! " and it doesn't export anything ....

I know that the directory where the programs are is not "program files" anymore but "program files (x86)". COuld it be the problem??

Any idea what could be the solution

Tks

Skysoft

GeoVent

Post by GeoVent »

Where can I find information on how to install plugins to 3ds 2012. I have tried t add in the plugins but I keep getting errors.

The latest update doesn't seem to have been updated enough. ......Very frustrating. :?
Michael Shippy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Michael Shippy »

Hello all!

I recently installed Prepar3D and was in the process of getting 3DS Max Design 2009 (Max) set up to produce models that can be used in the simulator. Following the instructions in the SDK Learning Center, I set up a User Path to point to the Prepar3D SDK Plugins folder, then shut down Max.

When I relaunched Max a couple minutes later, I received the following error:

Code:
DLL <C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D SDK 1.1.2771.0\Environment Kit\Modeling SDK\3DSM2009\Plugins\FSModelExp.dle> doesn't implement the following functions:
LibVersion
LibDescription
LibNumberClasses
LibClassDesc

That error box repeated three more times, then Max finally opened. No new menu options were available (the Learning Center said a new option called "Aces Tools" should appear). I removed the User Path and the errors went away.

I was directed by Beau to download the new beta tools and tried the install again. The same error as above still appears four times when I start Max, but now the ACES Tools and ACES Documentation are present and appear to be working. However, I would prefer to not have four error messages pop up every time I open Max. Any suggestions to solve this?

Thanks in advance!
Michael Shippy
Prepar3D® Art Support
Michael Shippy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Michael Shippy »

The problem was that the install set up two sets of DLE and GUP files in my 3DSM2009 folder.

You should have these three files:

Max2009_FSModelExp.dle

Max2009_MaxUtils.gup

Max2009_MaxXML.gup

...but not these three files:

FSModelExp.dle

MaxUtils.gup

MaxXML.gup

Many thanks to Orsor for the fix!
Michael Shippy
Prepar3D® Art Support
dredmond

Post by dredmond »

Quote:
Quote from noob24 on June 28, 2011, 09:13

i have 3dsmax 2012 student version licence is this supported with the new update?

i can see the aces tools menu in main menu bar but if i try to open any of them i get a max script mesage saying

" this tool is currantly not supported"

exactly the same issue for max 2011 too

When we hit that error, it turned out that some of the tools were attempting to write some sort of temp data to the c: root - run the application as administrator, and it may clear up...

dredmond

Post by dredmond »

We are using Max 2012, and most of the tools seem to work fine. However, when using the material editor, the "Flight Simulator Exended Params" tab mentioned in the documentation does not seem to show up. Is there a trick to sctivating it in a new scene?

Thank you for any thoughts!

--- SOLVED: had the wrong shader selected; we were using the DirectX, should have been the FlightSimX shader.---
Mat_P

Post by Mat_P »

Quote:
Quote from Orswell on June 27, 2011, 11:47

Hey community I have one note to add:

I'm currently aware of a memory issue which is causing an unknown system exception in the XportModelRollout.ms when exporting very complex models. We are working on fixing this for the official release!

I take it it's not been fixed with the current 1.2.3253.0 SDK release?
virtuali

Post by virtuali »

Quote:
I take it it's not been fixed with the current 1.2.3253.0 SDK release?

I'm afraid it hasn't, the exporter still crashes when exporting larger models (not *that* large, like 20k polygons or so), tried both in Max 2011 and Max2012. The old FSX exporter under Max2008 can export the same files without problems.
Umberto Colapicchioni - VIRTUALI Sagl
http://www.fsdreamteam.com
Mat_P

Post by Mat_P »

I can export a 60k triangles mesh but no go with anything beyond 100k or so.