Airport Buildings Have disappeared with Version 6.1.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
JorgenSA

Re: Airport Buildings Have disappeared with Version 6.1.

Post by JorgenSA »

Reggie,

You could also take this issue to FSDeveloper:

https://fsdeveloper.com/forum/

Free, but registration necessary.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
perficad

Post by perficad »

From my ADE experience, I think this issue is probably caused by the OBX files being different. The airports in V5 use different objects to V6. I am now scared to install V6.1 in case they changed them all again, and I don't fancy editing 100 airports or more over Christmas. So for now I'm stuck with 6.0.36 until I get a very rainy day. And there's no option to roll back to 0.36 so I'm not risking it at present.
pestridge77

Post by pestridge77 »

from what Ive read here its the user causing this problem and not P3Dv6.1.
I hope you get it sorted bud.
Ive never seen this in all my findings of v6.1
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k @ 3.7Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090
RAM: 64G DDR4 Core Speed 3200Ghz
OS: Windows 10 (tweaked/modded for Flight Sim Performance)
perficad

Post by perficad »

pestridge77 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:00 am from what Ive read here its the user causing this problem and not P3Dv6.1.
Do you have any Add-ons installed in your own 6.1? I dont think I will download this update for the time being given the large number of problems reported on this forum with it, and no way to roll back to 6.0.36
pestridge77

Post by pestridge77 »

perficad wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:54 pm
pestridge77 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:00 am from what Ive read here its the user causing this problem and not P3Dv6.1.
Do you have any Add-ons installed in your own 6.1? I dont think I will download this update for the time being given the large number of problems reported on this forum with it, and no way to roll back to 6.0.36
Yes, I have ALL my Orbx products installed with Central and hundreds more. All default airports show.
I dont know what problems everyone is reporting, my 6.1 doesnt have these issues being reported, which tells me its user error.
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k @ 3.7Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090
RAM: 64G DDR4 Core Speed 3200Ghz
OS: Windows 10 (tweaked/modded for Flight Sim Performance)
perficad

Post by perficad »

Hi Reggie

Thanks for sending the ADE's through. From the research I have done and an update by someone on the forum yesterday - my conclusion is:

-Your files use v5 objects, which are not included in v6.
-v6.0 had bleeding through ADE objects, so you were seeing the objects from v6.0. which happened to be almost in the same place
-v6.1 has been changed so it no longer bleeds through, hence the 6.0 objects have dissapaered, leaving your v5.0 airports empty.

- Its not "user error" like some helpful person on the forum suggested, its a change to way the application is coded.
-Anyhow the good news is I will now upgrade myself to v6.1 because as far as I am aware it should not affect my own ADE's since they do not use v5 objects

I hope this is helpful!
Have a very merry Christmas
Carl
ReggieC

Post by ReggieC »

Hello Carl,
Your assessment is spot on, and I finally got all of my AFCADs converted using ADE 1.79 through the v6.1 SDK. All is well now, I've even got my MAIW scenery objects working.

Appreciate your assistance.

Regards,
Reggie

nathantw

Post by nathantw »

ReggieC wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:12 pm Hello Rob,
I followed your instructions and ran "Delete Generated Files" which returned everything to Default. Here's what I've discovered after some trial and error.
I have built about fifty AFCAD files for my various favorite airports using Airport Design Editor. The AFCADs are in a file called "Add On Scenery" which worked in all of my previous P3D installs, including P3Dv6. I place this file in the main P3D program folder.
When I activate the Add On Scenery file in P3Dv6.1, that's when the buildings disappear. When I delete the file, the buildings reappear.
I have moved this file up and down the Scenery Library list in the sim. When I move it down to just above "Default Scenery", the buildings appear but the parking is default. When I move it up the list to various other places, the buildings disappear, but the parking is per the AFCAD.
your thoughts and any assistance is appreciated.
I do have several aircraft add-ons, including multiple Carenado aircraft, the Aerosoft A320 Professional, Milviz aircraft, and the Design Studios F-15 and F/A-18. I don't have any add-on scenery.
Thank you,
Reggie
FWIW, I found the same thing with the San Francisco. It was there when the sim is set for default but when I have other scenery installed most of the buildings disappeared. I also found that even though LM fixed the Oakland terminal I still don't see it. I'll need to set my sim to default and see if it shows up.