(SOLVED) Bad Initial Impression

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
raeldor

Post by raeldor »

I installed the latest version, I run it and it puts me right in the middle of the ocean. I used the go to airport function and saved as a new scenario. I load the scenario and I'm back in the middle of the ocean. I try 'create new scenario' and it crashes.

This gives a VERY bad initial impression.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

"I installed the latest version,"

Did you just purchase or did you update a previous version?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
raeldor

Post by raeldor »

Just purchased. It was a fresh install of the latest version.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

The first time you started P3D .. was it a jet at an airport?
Was all ok at that time?

Did you change the default flight?
Best Regards,
raeldor

Post by raeldor »

No, I didn't change anything. It just crashed into the water since the first time I installed. I even tried deleting the three directories mentioned in the update to try and reset everything, but it still ends up in the middle of the ocean, does not honor saved flight locations and crashes when I select create scenario.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

The first time you started P3D .. was it a jet at an airport?
Was all ok at that time?

Which aircraft .. first time?
Best Regards,
raeldor

Post by raeldor »

Seems to be F35-A Lightning II? It's never been an airport, always water.
Mazo43

Post by Mazo43 »

Check out this topic here on the Prepar3d forum: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/topic/i ... e-problem/
If your Windows OS is set to a region/country that uses characters instead of letters (China, Japan etc), it appears that this is the culprit.

Hope this helps.

Lyn
raeldor

Post by raeldor »

This is great info, because my computer is setup to use Japanese locale. Let me uninstall everything and change locale and re-install. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank you
raeldor

Post by raeldor »

That fixed it, thank you. I didn't even need to re-install. Somewhere there's a bug waiting to be found then?

Thanks
Ray
mgh99

Post by mgh99 »

Somewhere there’s a bug waiting to be found then?

It's not a bug. Prepar3D is an English language program and is not sold as anything else..
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Maybe P3D installer could check the Language = English first, if not .. post a message to user.
Best Regards,
Mazo43

Post by Mazo43 »

Glad that you have it running now!

Lyn
raeldor

Post by raeldor »

I like the idea of the pre-install check. To be honest I have a lot of English-only software, but this is the first one of them that's not worked because of the locale setting.

Thanks for the help though, really appreciate it.
harrry

Post by harrry »

Prepar3D being an English Language program and being sold as such does not have anything to do with the Locale. If a pilot flies to Japan for example he may need to change his locale to Japan so dates etc are shown correctly. Windows will still work in English if the English language is selected(UKEnglish, USEnglish, AustralianEnglish etc. Programs which do not check this are not complete. Programs which enforce a change of Language such as Goodle based on locale or location testing are nothing short of immoral.