Touchscreen in P3D V2

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
KUB10

Post by KUB10 »

Hello,

I'm using as 2. monitor a touchscreen monitor in FSX for CDU operation and it works flawless.
No I tried it in P3D and to my surprise, it doesnt work.
Is this normal, I can't imagine that this is how it should be, as P3D is normally more
advanced than FSX.

Kind regards
Sven
Saul

Post by Saul »

I know of a few people that are using touch screens.
Perhaps a description of your screens and hardware might help the folks who are already using those to assist you.
RossG

Post by RossG »

I use a 7" MIMO USB touch screen and it actually works better in P3D then it did in FSX.
KUB10

Post by KUB10 »

I use a LG 23ET83V as second monitor, when I put the Aerosoft Airbus CDU on the monitor, I cant touch the buttons or do anything.
I'm using it for AXE and PMDG on FSX with no problems.
I have read another statement that touchscreens do not working in P3D, which obviously is not true, if it works for Ross.
KUB10

Post by KUB10 »

I may add, I'm using Win7 Pro.
Dazzlercee

Post by Dazzlercee »

Set your touch screen as the PRIMARY monitor, not necessarily number 1 but the primary.

When you do this the desktop will shift to the touch screen. Unlock your taskbar and drag it to your normal desktop monitor along with your shortcuts etc. Lock the taskbar again.

Now run P3D - it will probably open on your touch screen. Again drag it to your main screen.

The touch screen will now function correctly when you drag your MCDU/FMS to it.

I had exactly the same problem and it took me weeks to work out a solution.

Regards,

Daz
KUB10

Post by KUB10 »

Hi Daz,

thanks for your help.
I got another possible solution, I was told to set the touchscreen to Blackout Desktop Mode.

I will try it later.

Sven
Dazzlercee

Post by Dazzlercee »

Never thought of that. I'll try that also - a lot less hassle if it works.

Daz
FlyIce

Post by FlyIce »

I have a touch screen as a second monitor and it works fine in P3D as far as I can tell. I set it as secondary, but upon first use Win7 mapped all the touches to the primary monitor and that was fixed by touch screen option in Control Panel (sorry I can't pull out the details right off my head, but the fix is pretty simple and obvious).

One thing I found awkward is to tune GPS rotary buttons on touch screen. Say on GNS 530 to change radio frequency the mouse pointer gives the clue when it's on the right spot for clicking or rolling mouse wheel to adjust. But with touch screen I have to guess and press my figure at that invisible spot, it can be very frustrating. The best solution will be P3D or plug-in recognize the touch screen so I can use my figure to slide circles around the button to mimic turning. Or there is new face plate for GNS 530 etc that highlight the spots one can click/touch around the rotary button.
RossG

Post by RossG »

KUB10? I am using a USB touch screen so that may work differently. For Instance, I can not have the monitor plugged in when I start P3D or the application crashes. It is trying to load to the USB monitor which it just can not do. Maybe try turning your monitor on after you have gotten in to P3D?
OldAirMail

Post by OldAirMail »

The size of your screen would be far too small for me.

I can recommend the DoubleSight 9 inch USB monitors, though. https://www.doublesight.com/product/detail/63.html

For those who want to use a touch screen for the GPS, but use two rotary knobs for the GPS try this.

This is kinda old, but it works perfectly with Prepar3d V2.x - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVFRKou7R_U

To read more go to http://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vie ... h#p1239178
wiltzu

Post by wiltzu »

Tried the iDisplay app for android in fsx, but it dropped fps to single digits with Superbug's UFCP undocked to it. Perhaps cp3d works better with it.
logic28

Re: Touchscreen in P3D V2

Post by logic28 »

I have been using a touchscreen for almost a year as an overhead panel with FSX so that I could emulate the gestures without using the mouse.
Sadly since upgrading to P3D V2 all the knobs only turn anti-clockwise (equivalent to mouse left click) but no longer operate clockwise ( equivalent to mouse right click)
I really cannot see what the problem is but both PMDG and LM claim it’s got nothing to do with them kind of blaming each other.
The touch gesture software operates through Windows and it’s fine in any other program, including FSX, giving a tremendous sense of reality an immersion.
It’s such a shame that nobody has come out with an answer yet !