How can I use FRAPS successfully in P3D V2.2

Forum for Prepar3D users to share videos they have recorded of Prepar3D.
monir geadah

Post by monir geadah »

Thank you for trying to help.

I use window 7 Basic ,not Aero. However I tried Aero as you advised but still no success.

I did not comme across any mention of Aero being essential for P3D use ,where is that mentioned ? I did not understand the part about tagging the monitor ?How do you do that ?

Regards

Monir
Mickeyj

Post by Mickeyj »

Hello Monir,

check out the Fraos FAQ http://www.fraps.com/faq.php you will see a picture of Fraps. As you can se there is a field which says "Monitor Aero desktop (DWM)" The word "Monitor" has nothing to do with your display monitor it means that fraps is monitoring the Aero it checks what Aero is doing in the backround.

To switch off Aero was for FSX not for P3D2.

Fraps needs Aero to be running in order to work properly. Furthermore Aero is needed by P3D2 to have the vsync work properly. Anyway i will check my Fraps tomorrow.
kaptenalgy

Post by kaptenalgy »

Hello Mickeyj

I have installed FRAPS in my simulator P3D Ver. 2.2 , no problem at all, running very nicely. Will check wish version and come back later. Good luck
monir geadah

Post by monir geadah »

Thank you Mickeyj for your help.

Will check that as soon as possible. Might be very busy this week end,family duty.

Regards and best wishes

Monir
monir geadah

Post by monir geadah »

You are a star Mickeyj !!

It works and capture OK with one designated key only.

Problem resolved at last.

Apology to LM as P3D V2.2 is not to blame, I certainly did not know any thing about the Aero business .

Thanks again for all the help given.

Regards

Monir
ananda

Post by ananda »

Quote:
Quote from Mickeyj on May 16, 2014, 10:52

Fraps needs Aero to be running in order to work properly. Furthermore Aero is needed by P3D2 to have the vsync work properly.

I don't run Aero, I use Windows Classic, and both P3D and Fraps work fine.

George

Mickeyj

Post by Mickeyj »

@Monir,

glad that it is now working :) Lookin forward to see the result:)

@ananda

i know but sometimes Fraps works and sometimes just with Aero enabled. Strange apo. Im using Bandicam for now as it gives me the least stutters in the recording.
monir geadah

Post by monir geadah »

Hi.

I installed the latest Nvidia Beta driver for my card Gforce GTX 660 2GB. Some improvement on my low to middle grade 4 year old system. However ,low and behold ,the widow 7 Aero does not feature any more in FRAPS when running with P3D V2.2. No Monitor Aero desktop field (DWM) to tick in the FRAPS main general window ?

So presently I am again unable to capture a video while using P3Din window Aero or in Window 7 Classic.

Frustrated Monir
Mickeyj

Post by Mickeyj »

Oh dear :(

yeah i know about that one. I had it too on a different win7 system but didnt go into investigation.

There is something you can do to record vids anyway. Try to use nVidia shadowplay. You can activate it via nVidia experience. Enable shadowplay tag the desktop and you can record P3D2 the same way like Fraps. You might try Bandicam. This app should work good too.

Just give both options a try just to see what works and what does not.

Do you have Fraps registered or is it just the demo version?
monir geadah

Post by monir geadah »

Hi Mickeyj.

System specs.....Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 LGA 775 Yorkfield' 3.0 GHz 12 MB cache [1333 FSB] Processor.

Micosoft Windows 7 Home Premium edition 64 Bit -OEM

Corsair 8GB DDR2- Nvidia card GTX 660 2GB. The bottle neck is my processor .

My FRAPS is Registered and served me very well for the past 4 years . some nice videos on my Youtube site [monirgeadah] While flying in FSX with some VFR ad ons scenery like London X and Earth Simulations great ad ons scenery of Isle Of Man and the Scilly Isles .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il4290hJ ... fg&index=7

http://youtu.be/QPC8fjuArIs

I will try your suggested options, given the time to do that ? .

Thanks and regards.

Monir

Luis Vargas

Post by Luis Vargas »

Quote:
Quote from monir geadah on May 21, 2014, 15:31

... System specs... Nvidia card GTX 660 2GB...

You have a Nvidia series 600, so you can download Nvidia Shadowplay and use it to record you vídeos with a minimum of frame loss.

See http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingle ... pic&t=7055
monir geadah

Post by monir geadah »

Thanks Luis-Vargas for your help.

On Installing the latest Nvidea driver 337.88. I got back the Aero desktop capture working again in FRAPS. and also have Shadowplay option working as well.

GeForce Experience is great to have and automatically update the Nvidea drivers.

On my Youtube Home Page [monirgeadah]There is a Desktop short video trial of P3D V2.2 ,captured in shadowplay ,of Earth Simulations Isle Of Man at Ronaldsway airport.

http://youtu.be/mb-PUMDXbsk

Regards

Monir

Avidean

Post by Avidean »

I second that suggestion to use ShadowPlay if you have the appropriate Nvidia Card.

Its far superior to FRAPS. As far as using GeForce experience to Update your graphics

divers is concerned, I would not do that on an FS system. Better to do it manually.

Delete Nvidia File on C Drive if there is one. Uninstall the Nvidia drivers. Restart

the system and do a manual clean install of the new Nvidia Drivers and restart.
monir geadah

Post by monir geadah »

Thanks Avidean.

The only problem I face ,on manual installation,is that after deleting the old driver and restarting thie computer ,it immediately start installing the original default driver before I have a chance to start installing the downloaded latest driver.

Regards

Monir