Cant add anything to scenery library ingame

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Guenseli

Post by Guenseli »

I'm unable to add or change anything in the scenery library...

Anybody else?

Example: wanted to add MyTraffic or any other addon manuall, that doesn't work.

Also changin order of priority is not possible?

Win8.1 64,

i7 @4,2, 12 GB RAM, GTX580 3GB

Many thanks,

Guenter
Guenseli

Post by Guenseli »

That I cant change priority is not quite correct:

Some entries I can move normally, some simply disappear if I want to move them (example ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE etc)

Other entried do also vanish, others not when I move them. Can't say that it follows some system.

With the next start, the entries are back then...
Saul

Post by Saul »

Hi Guenter,

Why not try edited the scenery.cfg directly? You can change priority and add scenery no problem if you do it manually.

I find that works for me. the location for the file is "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2" just open with notepad.exe and save when finished.

Regards

Saul
Guenseli

Post by Guenseli »

Quote:
Why not try edited the scenery.cfg directly

Because I see P3D v2 as soemthing where I do not have to crawl into cfg's anymore.

Yes, manual editing works, better it is with scenery config editor.

But this is not the way it should be.

I wonder if anybody else encounter this, or if it is a special problem for me?
John Fields

Post by John Fields »

Hi, Guenseli.

I've experimented the same as you. No way of installing a scenery in the scenery library.

But I've installed the utility Addit Pro! for Prepar3d (version 8) and it works!

pringler

Post by pringler »

I am missing water in Tongas Fjords X and am trying to edit the scenery.cfg, but there is no scenery.cfg to edit to add the missing entry: >adding the 40 custom Tongass X entries at the

>bottom ("// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures x

>of 40"), changing their [Texture.xxx] numbers so

>that they continue seamlessly from the last

>existing entry, and adjusting the

>DefaultTextureCount=xxx count, near the top of

>the .cfg, by adding 40. These edits can be done in Wordpad or Notepad.

Thanks,

Rob
WBard

Post by WBard »

That's odd, sorry you're having problems.

Adding scenery should definitely be doable. We even include the folder name as the :title: so you don't have to manually enter then in every time. Can you be a little more descriptive?
amiro

Post by amiro »

I can't even click Menu- World - Scenery Library then I get a Fatal Error.

So what's up with that? Works fine in FSX!!!

I'm getting more and more ticked off at this P3D specially getting those Fatal Error and finding out the Airplane list that came with it don't include what it says on the web page maybe it should be more detailed what's included.

Big dissapointment so far!!!

hendrik

Post by hendrik »

I seem to remember having the same problem with 1.4. Make sure you are launching p3d As adminstrator.
Dalton0190

Post by Dalton0190 »

Does not work for me, even when i run P3D v2 as Administrator.

I have added a few scenerys without Problems after installation of P3D, but it does not work anymore.

Maybe there is some kind of limit, my count is at ~200 now ?!

Tested in v1.4 - no Problems.

Windows 8.1...
Cornflex

Post by Cornflex »

Yep, same problem here. Can't use the internal scenery library editor anymore. When adding scenery the popup to enter the pathname and the description shows correctly but after confirming my input, the scenery library closes and nothing has been added.

Windows 8.1 installed.
earnorbust

Post by earnorbust »

Same Thing here. No entry possible.

BUT...you can replace a visible entry to something different or new!!

Maybe this notice will help in finding the cause! :)
earnorbust

Post by earnorbust »

I just noticed that changing entries in the scenery library leaves holes in the area numbers. There seems to be no automatic renumbering.

Does that cause trouble in the sim?
earnorbust

Post by earnorbust »

HEY GUYS...

I found a big culprit causing a lot of fuss. My traffic Software (MyTraffic pro) wasn't working and scenery files from FSDT were not functioning right.

The culprit is the scenery library Editor! It's not working right or at all and doesn't renumber the layers (which seems to be important).

If you edit the scenery.cfg file by hand or even better with Addit! pro (which can Auto renumber layers), then start P3D v2 - voila, everything works great!

P.S. If you are using sceneries from FSDT you must run the Addon Manager once before you start P3Dv2.

Check it out Team! 8-)

Robert
hendrik

Post by hendrik »

Strange - 3 days after suggesting a solution (having never had this issue with P3D 2.0) I used the editor to add one new scenery item and, as you guys are reporting,

it failed to appear!! Adding it via notepad worked, so there does seem to be a problem with the scenery editor. (Automatic numbering is also screwed up).

The fact that this bug has only just arisen for me is odd. Is it a number of entries issue? - mine is at 165, including default entries, but I have other scenery.cfg's

bigger than this. (To avoid cfg files getting too big and resulting in very long loading times I have several based on specific areas of the world. Maybe I'll use these to experiment).

Any comments dev team?

Hendrik