no click spots in virtual cockpit p3d v6

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
hermes82

no click spots in virtual cockpit p3d v6

Post by hermes82 »

I have searched on the forum as well as the internet and can't find an answer to my issue, I can't select anything on the F35 mfd in p3d v6.1 patch 3, it's been the same since the initial release, I have a few older aircraft that came from fsx but worked in every version of p3d and load fine in p3d v6 but with the same issue as the F35, some switches work and others don't, any help would be much appreciated, please don't tell me that old fsx aircraft aren't designed for p3d, the issue is the f35, if my older aircraft work then fine, if not i'm not worried
Martyson

Re: no click spots in virtual cockpit p3d v6

Post by Martyson »

Hi hermes82 ,

Which switch in the F-35, as an example, is not working and I will test the same.

Notes:
The F-35's have apanoramic display.
I also have FSX (Steam) but would like to test the P3D F-35 A, B or C first first.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
hermes82

Post by hermes82 »

the entire MFD touch spots, can't bring up any of it's option ie can't open autopilot or any page on the MFD, the mouse hovers over the MFD but doesn't show touchspots
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

You did say "please don't tell me that old fsx aircraft aren't designed for p3d", but I do need to tell you that they are not designed for P3D.

They may work or they may not (more likely not), and their features may work or they may not (more likely not). All guarantees and bets etc etc are off.

And I believe that there are payware F-35s out there designed for P3D. If you could imagine purchasing one of those, and the MFDs are that important to you, then try to ask the developer before purchasing if the MFDs work in his F-35.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

hermes82 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:00 am the entire MFD touch spots, can't bring up any of it's option ie can't open autopilot or any page on the MFD, the mouse hovers over the MFD but doesn't show touchspots
Hi hermes82 ,

I am using P3D6 Personal edition version 6.1.11.31619 Patch3.

The F-35 Autopilot click spot is here (screenshot):

Let me now if the Autopilot options are brought up in the panoramic display when you use that click spot.

Best Regards,
hermes82

Post by hermes82 »

ok let me be more clear, it isn't the older fsx aircraft that's the problem, I know where all the functions are on the mfd and I have the indiafoxtecho f35, if you can't give me a solution please don't reply and don't tell me it works fine on your computer, that's not offering a solution, if you didn't read my original post then read it again, I can't make it any more clear than that
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

You now mention:
" I have the indiafoxtecho f35"

You did not mention that in your first post.

My screenshot is the F-35 in P3D6 and it works properly.

Does the P3D6 (default) F-35 autopilot Options come up on the panoramic display?
Best Regards,
hermes82

Post by hermes82 »

ok lets go from the top, I wouldn't be posting about the f35 if it wasn't the default f35, no the f35 auto pilot doesn't come up or any other function and I don't care if it works fine on your computer, as I said in my last post if you don't have a solution then don't post, I had the same issues with snave as i'm having with you, you're not providing either technical advice or a solution other than "it works fine on my system" please limit your response to either a solution or relevant advice, if there's anything you think i've left out that may help you solve my problem then please let me know, I genuinely respect every opportunity available for help and relevant questions, I don't however appreciate people that don't read and understand the original post and understand that I wouldn't be asking for a solution for an 18 year old obsolete piece of software
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Ok,

Confirmed the default F-35 is not working on your P3D6 setup.

You could get a refund if P3D6 was recently installed:
P3D Refund Policy:
https://www.prepar3d.com/support/refundpolicy/

Since you are the only one reporting the problem I would suspect a bad P3D install.

You could do a full Uninstall, fresh P3D product download, Install with virus checker off, reboot PC and test is a default configuration.

Other considerations from the top of the forum for your review:

The P3D system requirements:
https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/

Posting Issue Reports (by Chris Metel)
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 5&t=145776

The General Debugging Steps (by Chris Metel) :
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 6&t=145777
Best Regards,
hermes82

Post by hermes82 »

i've reinstalled it several times, i've read all the literature regarding refunds and I know it's probably one of my settings, i've done multiple reinstallations and I wouldn't be asking a question if I knew it was working fine on everyone else's system, my virus checker is off and windows firewall is disabled, my system requirements meet and exceed basic p3d installation, i'm posting on here because all of my previous issues as well as issue solutions have been sorted out on here and finally if I hadn't gone through all the de bugging I wouldn't be asking a question, so far all you've said is it's working fine with me and posted lockheed martins P3d links so I ask again, do you have a solution? if not can you kindly be quiet untill someone has relevant advice
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Thanks for the follow up.

Couple notes:

I purchased IndiaFoxEcho F-35 package and VRS Tac Pack long ago.

Been using them for years in P3D4 and P3D5.

I have also Uninstalled / Installed P3D6 for testing many times so I know there are no problems there.

Been testing the default F-35 in P3D6 since it came out without and click spot problem.

Anyway, first I had to verify you were using the correct Click Spot for example on the Autopilot..
You were.

Then when you mentioned IndiaFoxEcho F-35 was in the mix I figured your setup was a custom setup for IndiaFoxEcho F-35 with or without the Tac Pack for P3D6?

No mention of any specific FSX aircraft types actually tested in P3D6.

Do you have any additional information on your current P3D6 setup?

Edit:
I assume you mouse works everywhere else, correct?

Have you tried Keys e.g.
Z for A/P On/Off
Ctrl F for FD On/Off
Best Regards,
hermes82

Post by hermes82 »

hi Martyson, thanks for the reply, yes i've been using the indiafoxtecho f35 in p3d v3 + tacpac v4 v5 and currently in p3d v5.4, I haven't installed the indiafoxtecho f35 or tacpack and everything is vanilla, I know it's working ok on everyone elses system hence no other posts on here or anywhere else on the net, the two fsx aircraft are the iris f14 and the iris f16, I did have all the aircrafts virtual cockpits working in v6 at one stage but despite numerous attempts I cannot replicate it despite numerous reinstall's, any help you can give would be much appreciated
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Hi,

I added some information late in my last post:

Edit:
I assume your mouse works everywhere else, correct?

Have you tried Keys e.g.
Z for A/P On/Off (a tone should confirm the Off state)
Ctrl F for FD On/Off

And possibly other keys?

Just to verify .... The two fsx aircraft iris f14 and the iris f16 copied / ported manually into P3D6 without /problems / errors?
Are they still installed in P3D6?
Best Regards,
Sabre57

Post by Sabre57 »

Do you happen to have "mipmap vc panels" unchecked? If so, check the box and see if it behaves differently.
I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Sabre57 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:23 pm Do you happen to have "mipmap vc panels" unchecked? If so, check the box and see if it behaves differently.
Hi Sabre57,
Great, that is the problem.

On a default install, which the OP did several times, it should be On.
Best Regards,