Orbx is planning on updating to support V6

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Martyson

Re: Orbx is planning on updating to support V6

Post by Martyson »

Orbx not providing even an Orbx Central installer to migrate existing P3D5 products to be used in P3D6.

I wonder if Orbx MSFS2020 products (including their Partner products) will be migrated from MSFS2020 to MSFS2024 for free and without a problem?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

That MSFS issue can be discussed here:

https://forum.orbxdirect.com/forum/308- ... simulator/

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
agfreeman

Post by agfreeman »

JorgenSA wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:28 pm Sabre, that's not what I read into it.

Here's a further quote: "Absolutely we will keep P3D products available and when/where it makes sense, I will be very happy to introduce v6 new or updated products."

The whole thread is here:

https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/2201 ... ry-for-v6/

Jorgen
Unfortunately there is the caveat: "when/where it makes sense (to them)". That's the get out clause right there for v6.

So they are keeping the existing ones available for v5 and below. they are the cash cows which will bring in money when and where at little or no cost to them. Bringing v6 stuff in will cost them time and money.
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

It is all lip service at Orbx about P3Dv6. At least get global & openlc products out. That alone will make the textures enjoyable. Paid upgrades will be fine too.
Aussie1234

Post by Aussie1234 »

The annoying thing is that they will not simply update the Central/installer to allow our products to be installed into Version 6.

I have over 100 Orbx products licensed to use in Version 5. As we know, each product installs differently, targeting different folders for textures, exclusions, general storage, textures etc.

Some files are placed in your designated separate Orbx Library (which you can point V6 to) but other files are hidden away in V5 Scenery folders or have turned OFF other files hidden all over the place etc.

Very annoying.

Just give us an installer - you don't have to advertise them as being suitable for Version 6.

Aussie
P3d V6: ProSim-AR B737 suite: Fully enc. 737 Cockpit:
ASky6: Orbx world: GSX2: Pilot2ATC: Open Cockpits & Simworld h'dware:
Ext view - 4 LCD monitors, 210' viewgroup from 1x RTX 4080 16Gb. Main i9-13900K MSI 64GB.
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

I have almost all Orbx products for P3D. they are in an add on folder named for P3D6. I also have P3D5 which apparently I have to keep in order for all the Orbx stuff to work correctly.
 Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, over clocked on auto to 4.5 ghz, XFX 6900XT Black, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board running P3D6.19 in Win 10
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

AG, allow me a quote:

"Unfortunately there is the caveat: "when/where it makes sense (to them)". That's the get out clause right there for v6.

So they are keeping the existing ones available for v5 and below. they are the cash cows which will bring in money when and where at little or no cost to them. Bringing v6 stuff in will cost them time and money."

That is, unfortunately, how the market mechanisms work - in this case against us. We must never forget that ORBX is not a benevolent undertaking, but a commercial enterprise, and if their bottom line turns red, they close.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Dalj

Post by Dalj »

Hello;
I have been waiting patiently for Orbx to release some products for P3Dv6.
Today, I came across this Changelog in Orbx Central:

Version 4.2.10
Saturday, February 24, 2024
• Roll back the detection of P3Dv6 as it is causing issues with the final stages of product testing (Central will now not detect P3Dv6 even if you have the sim installed)
• Note: In the near future we’ll re-instate the detection of P3Dv6

Could this mean that Orbx will be releasing some product(s) for P3Dv6, soon?

Cheers
Dalj
Geir Haukland

Post by Geir Haukland »

I really don't know, but they seem very focused on products for MSFS these day's, so i highly doubt it, but you never know for sure.
There hasn't been any updates for a long time for any versions of p3d, so, doubt we will see any updates soon. Soon we all are using
MSFS, so what then with P3d? What will happen then if every single one stepped over to MSFS? What will become of LM and P3d then?

Just think, it might or might not happen, but we'll see, won't we... :)
Asus Rog Strix - X570 Gaming - F - Ryzen 5 - 5500 @4.3GHz - Asus NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 OC 12GB - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ NEO@3200 MHz - Corsair CM750-750W - Corsair H100x Watercooling
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

Thanks Dadj,
I noted yesterday that Central no longer detects P3D6, that must be the reason. Seems like good news. Not to be taken wrongly, but if Orbx comes up with some new scenery for P3D6, best we all pony up the bucks.
 Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, over clocked on auto to 4.5 ghz, XFX 6900XT Black, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board running P3D6.19 in Win 10
Sabre57

Post by Sabre57 »

bullfox wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:49 am Thanks Dadj,
I noted yesterday that Central no longer detects P3D6, that must be the reason. Seems like good news. Not to be taken wrongly, but if Orbx comes up with some new scenery for P3D6, best we all pony up the bucks.
Orbx is definitely giving mixed signals in this regard. Stating that testing is being done on one thread and indirectly calling P3D outdated technology in another.
I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6