Future P3D development

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
shermank

Future P3D development

Post by shermank »

According to today’s WSJ, LM has the largest order backlog of all major defense contractors worth some $140,000,000,000.
Considering the pressure to build and supply hi tech missles, aircraft, etc….my guess is that our hobby needs and requests do not have anything close to top shelf priority.

Sherm
danking66

Re: Future P3D development

Post by danking66 »

The flight sim scene for home users thrives on add-on developers and unfortunately I have yet to see more than one or two add-ons released for v6. Beginning to regret my purchase.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

As far as I know, all scenery and AI add-ons that work in v. 5 should work in v. 6 also. At least I haven't found any yet that does not.

But I cannot speak for add-on aircraft, as I don't use any, at least not yet.

Jorgen

Edit: P3D, in any version, is not intended for home, or "casual" users.

Edit again: It is not L-M's fault that most 3rd party add-on developers do not develop or update their products for v. 6. As I see the market today, most developers that do develop for P3D nowadays are freeware developers. Professional developers tend to go for where the money is, in the market for MSFS.
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

All my scenery and aircraft, over a terabyte altogether, for P3D5 work fine in P3D6. Plus, the cost of buying it now is discounted. There is a lot out there if you look for it. There are still some developers upgrading their products to P3D6. So far I have not found any add on that worked in P3D5 that won't work in P3D6. The only thing that required a work around was Orbx scenery. There are explanations online about how to do that.

Its worth remembering addons have been in development for P3D for more years than for MSFS.
 Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, over clocked on auto to 4.5 ghz, XFX 6900XT Black, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board running P3D6.19 in Win 10