More info in Content Error reporting

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
Joseph500

More info in Content Error reporting

Post by Joseph500 »

I use P3D v5.4 so maybe this feature is in v6 now I don't know, but tonight I ran Content Error reporting and it said at least one of my AI aircraft is missing its lights file.

Now I have a lot of AI planes and I cannot find which plane is missing dds lights file. It would be nice to have more info in the Content Error log Like for my example it would be nice to show which aircraft the error log is referring to.
mpni

Re: More info in Content Error reporting

Post by mpni »

Hi Joseph500
Can you post the 2 lines of the dds lights error?
Regards
Michel
Joseph500

Post by Joseph500 »

mpni wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:03 pm Hi Joseph500
Can you post the 2 lines of the dds lights error?
Regards
Michel
[error.2]
error=Texture "CABIN_LIGHTS.DDS" failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.3]
error=Texture "CABIN_LIGHTS.DDS" failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

I cannot find which plane (or planes) these errors go with.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Joseph,

This is a very common file, found (I think) most of all in AI GA aircraft and business jets.

Try simply searching your SimObjects folder, or where you have your AI aircraft, for

CABIN_LIGHTS.DDS

and you should find it. Then copy the file into your P3D's Texture folder, and the error will go away.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Joseph500

Post by Joseph500 »

JorgenSA wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:31 pm Joseph,

This is a very common file, found (I think) most of all in AI GA aircraft and business jets.

Try simply searching your SimObjects folder, or where you have your AI aircraft, for

CABIN_LIGHTS.DDS

and you should find it. Then copy the file into your P3D's Texture folder, and the error will go away.

Jorgen
I feel a bit embarrassed now. I never thought of putting the CABIN_LIGHTS.DDS in the main P3D texture folder.