Installed V5.2 but V5.1 Still Loads

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
bigmarty

Installed V5.2 but V5.1 Still Loads

Post by bigmarty »

I downloaded and installed v 5.2.18.27565 but when I load the sim and look at "about P3D" under the help tab it shows version 5.1.8.26742 as being active. I installed using "Setup_Prepar3d.exe" as administrator. Is this correct or have I done something wrong?

Thank you.

Martin
Martyson

Re: Installed V5.2 but V5.1 Still Loads

Post by Martyson »

bigmarty wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:50 pm I downloaded and installed v 5.2.18.27565 but when I load the sim and look at "about P3D" under the help tab it shows version 5.1.8.26742 as being active. I installed using "Setup_Prepar3d.exe" as administrator. Is this correct or have I done something wrong?

Thank you.

Martin
@ bigmarty,
Martin

P3D 5.1.8.26742 is the product from Oct 2020.

You just selected the wrong setup (from your hard drive) to install.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
bigmarty

Post by bigmarty »

Thanks very much for the reply. I installed from the download folder "Prepar3d_v5_Academic_5.2.18.27565" and "Setup_prepar3d.exe" from within this folder.
I searched the pc to see if the new version installed somewhere else, but no, there is only on Lockheed Martin installation and that folder shows 5/14/2021 as last Date modified.

Some Lockheed Martin files have updated to 11/06/2021 but the sim still shows the older version when loaded.

I am obviously missing something here, and your help is appreciated,

Martin
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ bigmarty,
Martin

I will have a quick look:

Do these steps starting at your Windows Start lower left corner of your desktop:
Start
Settings
Apps
Look Top right corner and select Programs and features
Scroll down to the Prepar3d names in the list
Do a screenshot
post it in your reply here
Best Regards,
bigmarty

Post by bigmarty »

Thank you. I was trying to avoid uninstalling and reinstalling because I thought I would have to redo all me settings. But I went ahead and uninstalled/reinstalled and it now shows the new version as being active, and it retained all my settings so everything is ok now.

The apps following the steps you suggested are all showing the new version.

Thanks again for your help.

Martin
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

bigmarty wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:14 pm Thank you. I was trying to avoid uninstalling and reinstalling because I thought I would have to redo all me settings. But I went ahead and uninstalled/reinstalled and it now shows the new version as being active, and it retained all my settings so everything is ok now.

The apps following the steps you suggested are all showing the new version.

Thanks again for your help.

Martin
@ bigmarty,
Martin

You are welcome.

Glad to hear your problem is resolved.
Best Regards,