Prepar3D V5 5.0.31.35253 CTD upon completion of loading

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
JorgenSA

Re: Prepar3D V5 5.0.31.35253 CTD upon completion of loading

Post by JorgenSA »

Mitchell,

I do not think those errors would lead to the CTD, since taxiways are in fact seemingly created but with a width of 0 (unit of measurement not mentioned), and they would be in a part of memory with correct access rights.

But those error messages would certainly be important for the ORBX people.

And I think even ORBX employees would need their weekend...

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
MPO910

Post by MPO910 »

UPDATE: I uninstalled and installed my Chipset driver (ASUS Z490/Intel Chipset) and after two tests I had no CTD so far.

The only device I turned off before was my HMD. Just closed the WMR App before uninstalling and installing the Intel Chipset driver again. In my case a "Intel_Chipset_Software_Utility_V10.1.18263.8193_WIN10_64-bit".

Maybe some others can solve their G2D.DLL Error too.

NOTE: I did just 2 tests with cases where prior my P3D V5 would CTD as mentioned in my previous posts. I will do some further testing and report back afterwards.

Marcus
Marcus P
Windows 10 Home 21H1
Build 19043.1586
Feature Exp. Pack 120.2212.4170.0
i9 10900K @ 5.0 Ghz | HT OFF | 1.32V
Mainboard ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula Z490
32 GB RAM 3600 Mhz
RTX 3090 24GB
32" Samsung UHD Monitor
HP Reverb G2 VR HMD | Steam VR
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Loadhaul

Post by Loadhaul »

MPO910 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:55 pm UPDATE: I uninstalled and installed my Chipset driver (ASUS Z490/Intel Chipset) and after two tests I had no CTD so far.

The only device I turned off before was my HMD. Just closed the WMR App before uninstalling and installing the Intel Chipset driver again. In my case a "Intel_Chipset_Software_Utility_V10.1.18263.8193_WIN10_64-bit".

Maybe some others can solve their G2D.DLL Error too.

NOTE: I did just 2 tests with cases where prior my P3D V5 would CTD as mentioned in my previous posts. I will do some further testing and report back afterwards.

Marcus
I too reinstalled my chipset drivers, in my case it was for the ASUS Z390. Unfortunately, it didn't make any difference to my situation as I don't have the WMR app issues potentially causing the crash as you mentioned. Did you you install your drivers over the top of the old ones? For me Intel removed the old one and installed the new one after running the exe. a second time - these are from the manual download section from Asus.

Anyway, I found that this issue isn't just a Cairns issue, but it seems to occur at other airports if I change the position of my aircraft after loading in. For example, if I load into Brisbane runway 01 (sim loads normally). Then I switch to the other end in the same session, i,e, runway 19, the sim will crash yielding the same situation. Unlike yours, my sim totally locks before loading in, when it reaches 100% it just goes black and thence CTD. This occurs AT ANY default airport

Mitchell.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ Loadhaul ,

You mentioned:
“The crash tends to result in the GPU crashing (not out of VRAM) indicating multiple warp errors in the event viewer. “

When did you first start getting the WARP errors in your P3Dv5 setup?

Could you do a screenshot of the WARP error information in your most recent crash?

Did you have the same PC setup when you were running P3Dv4?
Were you error free in P3Dv4?

Do you still have P3Dv4 installed?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Loadhaul

Post by Loadhaul »

Martyson wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:59 am @ Loadhaul ,

You mentioned:
“The crash tends to result in the GPU crashing (not out of VRAM) indicating multiple warp errors in the event viewer. “

When did you first start getting the WARP errors in your P3Dv5 setup?

Could you do a screenshot of the WARP error information in your most recent crash?

Did you have the same PC setup when you were running P3Dv4?
Were you error free in P3Dv4?

Do you still have P3Dv4 installed?
As for the warp errors, it seems to only happen on severe crashes (maybe 1/10 times) - I think P3D crashes which therefore causes my GPU to throw these errors. The fact that the GPU crashes only sometimes indicates to me that the source is possibly from something else.

From what I remember it was when I installed the Nvidia 452.06 drivers, each driver from then on has been conflictive of this issue as well. At the same time it was when I also installed MSFS 2020. I did try P3D without MSFS 2020 last week - still caused crashing in P3D.

I did have P3D V4 installed and never had a single CTD in the 10 or so months of having it installed on my system. I then completely removed any trace of it and installed P3D V5. I was error free for at least a month in V5 without a single CTD. Then when MSFS 2020 came out I installed it and the Nvidia 452.06 driver and it seemed to of started crashing. It could've been happening a few weeks before that.

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
Graphics SM Global Exception on (GPC 0, TPC 0, SM 0): Multiple Warp Errors

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table
Loadhaul

Post by Loadhaul »

A little update:

I have reinstalled P3D V5 and narrowed it down to the addon that's causing this issue. Once installed P3D was running perfectly fine; I installed Orbx Global - perfectly fine. I then installed Orbx Australia V2 and the problem occurred. After deactivating it disappeared.

Interestingly, I seem to be able to load into any airport fine, BUT when I edit my scenario and change to the other side of the runway or another location I immediately get a CTD with the classic 0xc0000005.

I'm wondering if this product is not working with the Nvidia 452.06+ drivers for some reason. Is there anything that I could potentially try to do next? It's hard to say whether this is just Orbx AU V2 or the assets that Orbx uses itself.

Mitchell