Multi Screen Flicker

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
travisito

Multi Screen Flicker

Post by travisito »

Hello,
P3DV5 Latest Version
3 Screens

Since I have installed P3DV5, I have a quick flicker (They go black very momentarily) on my left and right screens (Not Primary/Center) when opening items such as FMC's, MFD's, DU's and opening the ATC. It happens every time I open these within the screen. I have notice it is occasionally causing some CTD's as well as I do experience a freeze when opening or selecting one of these displays. I use the view groups setting as I always have.

I never experienced this issue with P3DV4.5 for the 1.5 years I used it.

My CPU nor my RAM is overclocked, all set to factory.
My system is fully up to date.
I have add-ons, but this problem existed before any of them.

Also, I have run a stress test on my computer and it passes perfectly. I am trying to keep a stable system.

Windows 10 - 2004 Update
AMD 3800X
Nvidia GeForce 2700 Super
32 GB Ram

Thanks in Advance!
Travis
jeperson

Re: Multi Screen Flicker

Post by jeperson »

Hi

I also had this problem , I run four screens, 3 as main for ver 4.5 and 1 separate. Hope this helps.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 6&t=138841

Jack
travisito

Post by travisito »

jeperson wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:42 am Hi

I also had this problem , I run four screens, 3 as main for ver 4.5 and 1 separate. Hope this helps.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 6&t=138841

Jack
Thanks a bunch. Where is the shader file located?

Travis
Aussie1234

Post by Aussie1234 »

I'm still on V4.5HF3
I have four screens displaying only the outside view (210 degree) Prosim provides instrumentation on networked PCs.
I had/have a black flicker occasionally on my left 75 inch screen, flying at height, when running at 'unlimited' frame setting and getting about 45fps. I took the set frame rate back down to 29fps and I don't get the flicker any more.
On the ground, I occasionally reset it, to unlimited, as for some reason, I gain about 20% in frame rate.
Aussie
P3d V6: ProSim-AR B737 suite: Fully enc. 737 Cockpit:
ASky6: Orbx world: GSX2: Pilot2ATC: Open Cockpits & Simworld h'dware:
Ext view - 4 LCD monitors, 210' viewgroup from 1x RTX 4080 16Gb. Main i9-13900K MSI 64GB.
travisito

Post by travisito »

Aussie1234 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:17 pm I'm still on V4.5HF3
I have four screens displaying only the outside view (210 degree) Prosim provides instrumentation on networked PCs.
I had/have a black flicker occasionally on my left 75 inch screen, flying at height, when running at 'unlimited' frame setting and getting about 45fps. I took the set frame rate back down to 29fps and I don't get the flicker any more.
On the ground, I occasionally reset it, to unlimited, as for some reason, I gain about 20% in frame rate.
Aussie
My problem is similar, however, I can duplicate the problem every time by either opening the ATC window, FMC, DUs, etc... Basically anytime I open or close a window within the cockpit the left and right screens Will flicker 1 time very quickly simultaneously.

Thanks for the input!
Travis
pluckas

Post by pluckas »

This has been reported as an issue in v5 as far back as May. Neither hotfix has addressed it yet, and it may be related to the CTDs associated with transparent window menus.

Hopefully LM are looking into it - as it would surely affect all multi-monitor installations of P3D v5.
travisito

Post by travisito »

pluckas wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:11 am This has been reported as an issue in v5 as far back as May. Neither hotfix has addressed it yet, and it may be related to the CTDs associated with transparent window menus.

Hopefully LM are looking into it - as it would surely affect all multi-monitor installations of P3D v5.
Thanks for the info. I actually uninstalled and went back to 4.5 until they can resolve some of the issues. I just don’t have all the time I the world to fool around with this and it’s just too frustrating when flight crash especially when you spend all the time planning and executing only to have it crash in the middle of a flight. I know that was a long sentence....

I do like V5 a lot, just waiting for them to clean up these issues.

-Travis
Puukka

Post by Puukka »

My solution for all GPU errors and flickering simconnect menu was:

Open NVIDIA Control Panel. Click on 3D Settings → Manage 3D settings. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and locate the Threaded Optimization. Change the value to Off.

Hope that helps

Kind regards from Austria
Herbert
Herbert Puukka (IVAO OE-GMT)

MSFS, WT CJ4, PF3, Navigraph
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ Puukka ,

What was the original (bad) setting?

Mine is Auto, no problems.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Puukka

Post by Puukka »

Herbert Puukka (IVAO OE-GMT)

MSFS, WT CJ4, PF3, Navigraph
travisito

Post by travisito »

Puukka wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:16 am I´ve posted the answer here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 23#p228123
I just installed the latest P3DV5. I've tried every setting on my GPU and the flickering issue still exists. Like before, it doesn't happen to the center monitor, only the left and right monitors. It happens whether opening ATC window or any other window within the cockpit. One thing I noticed is while the PMDG 737 was initializing, the screen would flicker as the initialization clock counted down from 20 and was in sync with the clock. So the two monitors flickered 20 times. Any more ideas?

Thanks,
Travis