Texture Loading Time when changing views_P3Dv5

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Christoph123

Texture Loading Time when changing views_P3Dv5

Postby Christoph123 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:20 am

Hello!

It's not my video, but when you take a look at the 6 seconds between 43:56 - 44:02 in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7iymV8ZzxY

You can see the textures need a bit time to load when the view is changed to the outside. Any ideas what could cause that? Is it too high settings, OOM?

Sometimes I experience that with textures of the aircraft, sometimes with airport buildings as well.

Many thanks in advance and kind regards!

Yours,
Chris

Martyson

Re: Texture Loading Time when changing views_P3Dv5

Postby Martyson » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:11 pm

@ Christoph123 ,

Are you having a texture loading problem with a default P3D5 HF2 install?

Do you still have the same computer you mentioned here?:
I'm using P3Dv3 on quite a low end computer.
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 21#p219621
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Christoph123

Postby Christoph123 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:51 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!

No, I dont got P3Dv5 installed so far, but I'm planning to get a new PC and I try to figure out what Specs I need, thats why I asked
what could be the cause. If it can be avoided with enough Performance it's fine, if people experience that regardless of the system, I know I don't have to aim for highest performance.

Thanks in advance for your help, very appreciated!

Yours,
Chris

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:22 pm

@ Christoph123 ,

Ok, you do not have P3Dv5HF2 installed but you actually have P3Dv3 installed and it is having problems on your low end computer.

When you mentioned:
“Sometimes I experience that with textures of the aircraft, sometimes with airport buildings as well.”

I assumed you had P3Dv5 installed based on your posted topic “Texture Loading Time when changing views_P3Dv5”

System requirements:
https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Christoph123

Postby Christoph123 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:28 pm

Hey Martyson,

I'm sorry if I started a bit too confusing.

Yes, now I still use P3Dv3 - And I experience that problem now, true. I think there's no chance to get rid of it on my system cause as you mentioned already, it's low end, very low end, to be clear.

BUT! :) I plan to get a new PC, and through watching YouTube Videos I saw some people experience the same effect with stronger systems on P3Dv4/5 as well. Since I'm planning to customize my new PC I wanted to know if there's any chance how to get rid of that effect and if there are any ideas what could be the cause of them.

Thank you for posting the Link to the System Requirements. But as you can see in the following video of this P3Dv4 user, between 39:00 and 39:15, you can see the same slow texture loading, although his Specs are way above the Requirements. So what I mean is: System Requirements ensure the System is running properly, but the same effect appears nevertheless (sometimes). So my question is: Is it a general P3D bug? Or .. ? Probably a thousand reasons for this, but maybe someone knows.

I hope I could finally make clear what I want and what I wanna try to find out! :)

Best greetings,
Chris

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:46 pm

@ Christoph123,

After you get your new PC you could load your current P3D version and test it.

You could also purchase P3Dv5 and test it.

If P3D v5 does not meet your needs :
The refund policy is here;
https://www.prepar3d.com/support/refundpolicy/
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”