Invalid Hash key

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
JorgenSA

Re: Invalid Hash key

Post by JorgenSA »

It does not necessarily mean that.

The TCP/IP transmission protocol will automatically resend any blocks affected by a timeout or other disturbances, it is specifically designed to do that.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
stef1993

Post by stef1993 »

I've redownloaded it again (for the 6th time overall), and now it passes the hash checker.

Unzipped it without any issues. Lets try the install, and I'll report back when installed
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ stef1993,

I have problems with Google Chrome.

I use Firefox without problems for a long time now.

Every download and P3D install must be with virus checker Off.

The zip file Checksum must match before Running Setup as Administrator.

Lastly, virus checker back On.

Set P3D to Run As Administrator.

Re boot PC.

Start P3D and check it out in a default setup before adding Add-ons one at a time and verify each works.

Reboot PC after each flight.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

I have had absolutely no problems with Google Chrome downloads for years.

I have Windows defender turned off, and use AVG Antivirus (the paid version), no need to turn that off.

The only times I have had to re-download anything is if the Internet connection gets broken for some reason during a download, no checksum checking has ever been necessary with this setup.

So, different strokes for different folks (and setups).

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
stef1993

Post by stef1993 »

For some reason, the .rar files have been corrupt at LM side. Noticed I have a different hash code and different date of zipping for the downloads I did yesterday and today.

Install has gone smoothly, now it's time to test P3D itself
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

stef1993 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:38 am I've redownloaded it again (for the 6th time overall), and now it passes the hash checker.

Unzipped it without any issues. Lets try the install, and I'll report back when installed
@ stef1993,

As you personally discovered, and as I previously mentioned, Google Chrome gives problems.

I use FireFox for a long time and no problems like you just experienced.
Best Regards,
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

It is Windows Defender that gives problems, if you haven't figured that one out yet......

Maybe try googling that - "windows defender problems" is a good string to try.

Jorgen

stef1993

Post by stef1993 »

I don't think Chrome was at fault here. Also downloaded something else to test that, and that download came up with no issues whatsoever. It's resolved now, and I'd like to thank you all for the tips and ideas!
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

stef1993 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:21 am I don't think Chrome was at fault here. Also downloaded something else to test that, and that download came up with no issues whatsoever. It's resolved now, and I'd like to thank you all for the tips and ideas!
@ stef1993 ,

You are welcome.
Glad to hear your problem is resolved.

Note:
"I don't think" Chrome was at fault here.

That is the problem you never know.
But, I have not had a problem since I stopped using it.
Best Regards,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ stef1993 ,

Additional note:

In LM FAQ
https://www.prepar3d.com/frequently-asked-questions/

[Downloading and Activating Prepar3D]:

“I am having trouble downloading the software. What can I do to make sure the download is successful??

There are many things that could be causing the issues. If you use software that allows downloads to be resumed,

IE 8+ or Firefox for example,

you might be able to resume your download and continue on if the download is interrupted.”

Best Regards,
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

In stef1993's case here, it was clearly demonstrated that Windows Defender was the cause of his downloads getting corrupted.

That was and is the bottom line.

Even though some people does use or do not like Chrome for any reason, I use and like it, and it works flawlessly for stef1993 and myself, as demonstrated in this case.

Jorgen

Martyson

Post by Martyson »

As I read these posts I see that you are the only one concluding Windows Defender caused any problems.

In this case Chrome "worked" after many failed downloads, that is why I do not use it.

And as LM FAQ mentions, if one is having download problems try FireFox.

I have used FireFox without any problems for years and I always turn virus checkers Off during downloads and installs.
Best Regards,
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Your logic is turned around.

You are the one not concluding that Defender caused this.

Facts:

With Defender on, the downloads had errors and were unusable.

As soon as Defender was turned off, the download came through without any problems.

Simple logic. And this discussion serves no further purpose.

Jorgen

Martyson

Post by Martyson »

In reading the posts the OP did not verify that Defender was Off on the good download (Checksum matched) bad Hops and all.

And, it could have been the one download attempt with Chrome that finally worked (Defender On or Off).

That is why I do not use Chrome.

Best just to follow The install instructions here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=120676

There is 5 Guidelines to follow for a Successful Download and Install

“(1) Download Manager: Use a Download Manager to Download Prepar3D to aid in a successful download

(2) Anti Virus Software: Temporarily Disable all Antivirus Software before you run the Installer

(3) User Account Control: Disabling UAC from possibly disrupting the Install process

(4) Extracting: Extracting the Zipped Download folder using a suitable extract Tool

(5) Administrator: Running the Prepar3D Installer as administrator”
Best Regards,
stef1993

Post by stef1993 »

JorgenSA wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:48 am In stef1993's case here, it was clearly demonstrated that Windows Defender was the cause of his downloads getting corrupted.

That was and is the bottom line.

Even though some people does use or do not like Chrome for any reason, I use and like it, and it works flawlessly for stef1993 and myself, as demonstrated in this case.

Jorgen
You say that, but it wasn't my windows defender 'corrupting' the download. After this issue I had with P3D, ALL my other downloads started acting up. Turned out there was a twist in my internet cable. Replaced that, and all is good again :) So to reiterate, it WAS NOT Windows Defender.