PXN Joystick and P3D V5 Issue

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
nadeem

PXN Joystick and P3D V5 Issue

Post by nadeem »

Hello All,

I have the PXN2119 Joystick for my P3D V5 setup. Joystick has two parts a throttle and Stick with cable connections between both and one port that directly goes into the PC USB Hub.

My problem is very simple, I have assigned buttons for my views with Chaseplane and P3D settings for controls within the Settings and Controller Assignments. However, my problem is very simple:

"P3D Recognizes my Joystick Name and Make, I have my drivers for the Software installed, Did some changes to the power and regedit changes for the joystick performance BUT the Joystick axis movement buttons and buttons for views do not properly load at P3D startup in a Scenario"

In order for me to make it work on the spot, I can unplug and replug the USB cable to the assigned port. P3D freezes and then loads again after calibrating internally and or fixing the Driver Software for the joystick.

Can anyone please offer any solutions to my problem so that I can hopefully fix this and not worry about my joystick at each time of use.

Thanks to All,
Nadeem
Martyson

Re: PXN Joystick and P3D V5 Issue

Post by Martyson »

Nadeem,

Tell me about this "PC USB Hub".
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
nadeem

Post by nadeem »

Hi Vaughn, Its is the basic usb port (3.0) located on the back end of the PC case closest to the Motherboard.

Thanks
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ Nadeem,

Using the word Hub (or Hub device) does not apply in your setup , correct?

Did you have another Joystick/throttle setup prior to the PXN2119 Joystick/throttle?
Best Regards,
nadeem

Post by nadeem »

Hub doesnt apply to my setup.

I had the Logitech Xtreme 3D Pro before this but never used it with P3D V5 because it does not properly function.

Do you have any advice that might solve my issue? I am trying to identify whether it is a P3D or 3rd Party software related issue.

Thanks
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Nadeem, this could easily be a hardware issue.

Get yourself a powered hub, plug your control devices into that, and then plug the hub into your computer.

I also googled the PXN joystick, and.... ahem.... the quality of both it and its documentation seems to be lacking - to put it nicely.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
nadeem

Post by nadeem »

Unfortunately I am very limited to what is available in my market for Joysticks. This was the most decent one with its equivalency being to the HOTAS one.

It is decent however, I am out of options and I don't think that the Powered hub will make a difference given that I have already taken into consideration some trick that might help such as (Changing the RegEdit and or the Power Settings Plan of my Windows)

Do you have any suggestions that you can provide in terms of other hardware tricks or tweaks?

Thanks
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

In one word: Hub.

The reason for that being that your USB devices may be drawing more power than the computer can supply over USB, therefore the powered USB hub takes that load off the computer.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

nadeem wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:45 pm Hub doesnt apply to my setup.

I had the Logitech Xtreme 3D Pro before this but never used it with P3D V5 because it does not properly function.

Do you have any advice that might solve my issue? I am trying to identify whether it is a P3D or 3rd Party software related issue.

Thanks
@ nadeem ,

Right, I just wanted to verify there was no USB hub in your current setup.

Unless you run out of USB ports on your PC you should not need to use an external Hub (powered or un-powered).

It is important to verify that WIN10 is not powering down the USB ports (power savings settings).

Just to verify:
The Xtreme 3D Pro did not have the problem you are reporting with the PXN Joystick, correct?

Are you on a desktop PC?

Also, if you are not leaving your devices plugged in WIN10 can reassign ports.
Do you leave all your USB devices plugged in or do you often unplug devices (as in Laptop usage)?

Did your purchased USB devices have a requirement for specific USB port types e.g. USB 2.0 etc?
Best Regards,
nadeem

Post by nadeem »

Martyson wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:33 pm
nadeem wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:45 pm Hub doesnt apply to my setup.

Thanks
@ nadeem ,

Right, I just wanted to verify there was no USB hub in your current setup.

Unless you run out of USB ports on your PC you should not need to use an external Hub (powered or un-powered).

It is important to verify that WIN10 is not powering down the USB ports (power savings settings).

Just to verify:
The Xtreme 3D Pro did not have the problem you are reporting with the PXN Joystick, correct?

Are you on a desktop PC?

Also, if you are not leaving your devices plugged in WIN10 can reassign ports.
Do you leave all your USB devices plugged in or do you often unplug devices (as in Laptop usage)?

Did your purchased USB devices have a requirement for specific USB port types e.g. USB 2.0 etc?
Hi Vaughn,

Xtreme 3dpro was being using on ESP MFS2004 not on P3D. The rotating axis on it went bust and somehow needs to be repaired.

I am on a PC Desktop

Everything is left plugged in now. All my ports are USB 3.0.

Thanks
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ nadeem ,

MSFS2004, and old Joystick, ok.

How old is your PC?

Is your PC a home built PC or a name brand store bought PC?

When did you purchase P3Dv5?
You had no previous version of P3D, correct?
Best Regards,
nadeem

Post by nadeem »

MSFS2004, and old Joystick, ok.

How old is your PC? Brand New actually, Top Specs Etc

Is your PC a home built PC or a name brand store bought PC? Store Bought Top of the Line Specs

When did you purchase P3Dv5? Last Month
You had no previous version of P3D, correct? This is my first P3D purchase, Yes.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ nadeem ,

Did you test your old Xtreme 3D Pro on the new PC when you first purchased P3Dv5 last month?
Best Regards,
nadeem

Post by nadeem »

I just tested the old Joystick. I am having some difficulties with it since I mentioned that it has some mechanical issues.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

nadeem wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:02 pm I just tested the old Joystick. I am having some difficulties with it since I mentioned that it has some mechanical issues.
@ nadeem ,

That is expected.

But, did you have to "unplug and replug the USB cable to the assigned port" like with the PXN2119 Joystick?

Also, did you test your old Xtreme 3D Pro on the new PC when you first purchased P3Dv5 last month?
Best Regards,