Insufficient C space

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.

Insufficient C space

Post by 3263001 »

Hi everyone,

I downloaded the prepar3d v5 but during the installation I had "insufficient C space"
How can I download on D disk?
and how can I Clean all that was save on C just save that space?

Sorry if are basic questions but I'm back on windows just to fly prepar3d and others sims, after 15 years and im a little rusty.
Thanks for your help!

Ronnel
JorgenSA

Re: Insufficient C space

Post by JorgenSA »

Ronnel,

I am going to paste a document in below that should help you with this. It is rather long, so you might want to print it all out and read it through before you begin.

This is how I perform a clean install on Prepar3D v. 5, if you have v. 4 just say "v4" where the instructions say "v5".

READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU PROCEED.

WARNING: A clean install will mean just that - beware that all add-ons will not reappear in P3D, you will need to re-add or reinstall them, and that is beyond the scope of this tutorial.

I have my P3D v. 5 on my G: drive, a HDD that I use otherwise for downloading to. It is in a folder called P3D v5. For your installation substitute your own installation location, but - IMPORTANT - do NOT install to the default location of C:\Program Files. If you had P3D installed there, then install to somewhere else when you reinstall, for instance to C:\P3D.

The creation process begins with going to the Control Panel and uninstalling the old version: first uninstall the SDK, then Scenery, Content, Client and Professional Plus (or Academic) in that order.

Remove whatever remains under the folder P3D v5.

Go to Documents, remove the two Prepar3D v5 folders with Addons and Files from there.

Go to the root of C: drive, in the Search box in the top right-hand corner type "Prepar3D v5" (without the quotation marks) in Windows Explorer (that is File Explorer, not Internet Explorer). Delete everything that is found. Some items cannot be deleted, go Skip on those items.

Empty your Temp folders (not really necessary, but they should be emptied once in a while).

Clean Registry, using Eusing's Free Registry Cleaner.

Reboot.

Right-click on P3D's Setup.exe and select Run as Administrator, and on the first screen, under Options, select to install in the P3D v5 folder on the G: drive. This is for my own use, see above for installing on another drive.

When the installation is finished. go into the P3D v5 folder, create a folder named SDK, install SDK to there. Configure SDK.

Right-click on the Prepar3D icon on the desktop, select Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab, put a check mark in the box "Run this program as Administrator". Click Apply, then OK.

Start P3D, fly the default flight out of KRND (KVPS if v. 4) for a couple of minutes. Shut down P3D, reboot.

Now you are ready to explore the world of Prepar3D.

If you reinstalled P3D because you experienced problems with add-ons, then test the flights where you experienced problems BEFORE you install ANY add-ons.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

3263001 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:27 am Hi everyone,

I downloaded the prepar3d v5 but during the installation I had "insufficient C space"
How can I download on D disk?
and how can I Clean all that was save on C just save that space?

Sorry if are basic questions but I'm back on windows just to fly prepar3d and others sims, after 15 years and im a little rusty.
Thanks for your help!

Ronnel
@ Ronnel,

"Sorry if are basic questions but I'm back on windows just to fly prepar3d and others sims, after 15 years and im a little rusty."

What are your system Specs ?

The P3D system requirements are here for your review:
https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/

Uninstalling/Deactivating Prepar3D:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=125187

Downloading and Installing Prepar3D:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=120676
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)

Post by 3263001 »

Jorgen,

Thank you so much for so very well explained answer. I will do exactly what you say.
And just to give you more information. My C: is SSD the D: is HDD and its the first time that I'm install p3d so no add on or anything.

tks

Ronnel

Post by 3263001 »

Martyson,

Its a i7 10750
1TB HDD 256 SSD
16 gb ram
6gb rtx 2060

thanks for the links!

Ronnel
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ Ronnel,

I assume you have a desktop PC with mixed internal drives.

Can you verify the processor "Its a i7 10750" ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)