Connecting to a real aircraft/ raspberry pi

vamshi.chittaluri

Connecting to a real aircraft/ raspberry pi

Postby vamshi.chittaluri » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:19 am

Hello All,

Nice to meet you all.
I am new to Prepar3D and look forward to learning a lot and meeting you all.

I am a Graduate student and am participating in a research project. At our organization, we are working on a simulation program that will be embedded inside an aircraft. We have an aircraft, from which data is being drawn from various sensors via a and onto a RaspberryPI. I have to work with Prepar3D, do you have any suggestions on how to get started? The simulation PC will be in a passenger seat inside the aircraft.

I guess the workflow is as follows:

A/C Data drawn from AIRCRAFT -> via simObjects/simConnect send to Prepar3D.

Looking forward to your comments and any help I can get. Would really appreciate any help!
Thankyou.

Kind Regards
Vamshi

Tadghostal

Re: Connecting to a real aircraft/ raspberry pi

Postby Tadghostal » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:01 pm

I did something vary similar to what you are trying to accomplish. If you look at the linuxsimulation example in the SDK it offers a pretty good starting point for this type of project.

If you start with that example, then Simulation::Update is where you will pass your aircraft state into P3D. Of course there are other things you have to setup to get a full simulation than what they go through in the example. If you need more help feel free to message me and I will see if I can help you.

Return to “SimConnect Interface Questions”